Opinion Bill Barr could not deny that Trump said I want to assinate.....

In what monetary system is stagnation or decline in living standards a good thing? WTF?

It's better for a human beings to live in a place with a growing economy.

Yeah, I'm arguing that "growing" and "adapting" are often used interchangeably when making generalized statements like that. Moving to green energy can be called "growth"...but its an adaptation that has risks, and yet the writing is on the wall that it's a must

In what monetary system is stagnation or decline in living standards a good thing? WTF?

You're well-aware that there are metrics by which it can be said that an economy is "growing" while things like wealth inequality, education, and food security are either in decline or stagnate themselves. Details matter here. California has a giant economy, but also has the challenge of people wanting to leave because of what they feel are declining living standards, and decline like that as well as tentative disinvestment could cause a trend of economic decline.

You're well-aware that there are metrics by which it can be said that an economy is "growing" while things like wealth inequality, education, and food security are either in decline or stagnate themselves.
Growth is perhaps not sufficient for a healthy economy, but it's certainly necessary.

And the monetary system is irrelevant to that. If you have a gold standard, you don't want improvement in living standards?

Growth is perhaps not sufficient for a healthy economy, but it's certainly necessary.

And the monetary system is irrelevant to that. If you have a gold standard, you don't want improvement in living standards?

I wasnt contending a specific monetary system.

I was responding to the point that growth is good because of our monetary system. That doesn't make any sense.

Okay I see the confusion, I was just making a broader point. Not contending a monetary system necessarily.

Back