News Cédric Doumbé will fight Jaleel Willis at Bellator Champions Series in Paris on May 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
It's not wise for me to state things in black-and-white. Of course, there is always a possibility that Pettis catches Doumbe like he did Wonderboy.

But Pettis is a great MMA striker while Doumbe is a great GLORY KB striker. There is a difference. And Doumbe is a weight class bigger. Honestly, I don't think a prime Pettis gets by the best strikers at 155 today (Holloway, Gaethe, Fiziev, Poirier). Doumbe is in a different league.
Kinda reminds me of when Anthony faced Edson and got absolutely picked apart on the feet rather easily. At his best Anthony was capable of turning fights around in the blink of an eye, but I don't think he was ever that good fundamentally speaking, he just got away with shit for being gifted.

The Wonderboy win encapsulates that, he had nothing going there until he did.

Kinda reminds me of when Anthony faced Edson and got absolutely picked apart on the feet rather easily. At his best Anthony was capable of turning fights around in the blink of an eye, but I don't think he was ever that good fundamentally speaking, he just got away with shit for being gifted.

The Wonderboy win encapsulates that, he had nothing going there until he did.

He was always fast, had a great high kick and had a good guard with a good guillotine which put guys off taking him down.

Don't really think any of that is there any more.

He was always fast, had a great high kick and had a good guard with a good guillotine which put guys off taking him down.

Don't really think any of that is there any more.
Subs are still there to an extent, but without the threats on the feet he can't get people to shoot desperately and give up their necks on a silver platter.

37 is also just a rough age to try and pull off dynamic stuff.

Stick a fork in him … in like … he’s cooked? Well done?
Lmao, haven’t seen that one before🤣
It's a common phrase in US/Canada. I'm sure the Dutch have some wild phrases we really need to import ;)

Maura Renallo is actually a good index for all the wacky and tacky aphorisms we could apply from the English language to the fighting sciences

Back