Does anyone else find the disregard for Pereira as a competent grappler irritating?

But if it's that easy, isn't the key to fighting is to win? So why? You say match ups, but if you know a flaw, don't you use that to win? It's not hard to outgrapple someone who doesn't grapple.
1) I’m not someone who said it’d be easy & idk what the second half of that first sentence means.

2) It’s one thing to know a flaw, it’s another thing to have the skill, confidence, and fight IQ to meaningfully exploit that flaw. People who don’t really grapple aren’t gonna have an incredibly easy time outgrappling someone else who doesn’t really grapple. Also, after the Jan fight, it became clear that Poatan isn’t as bad on the ground at this point as many expected, which I was getting at in my first response

So again, matchups, my dude

Yes Alex looked bad when Izzy was on top of him. That's actual footage so i buy it. That's one thing.

Mentioning fighters opinions and takes is pointless though. Hell, i've heard plenty of fighters say Pereiras ground game is legit. Pretty good even. Great source of knowledge right? If what you're saying is true, we're kind of in a stand still...

Edit: Did you say Rogan? The same Rogan who said Ronda Rousey would beat 50% of mens bantamweight? AND floyd mayweather too? Stop playing with me

I agree that Rogan says some silly shit but the man is a legit BJJ black belt, including a black belt in Taekwondo. He has been doing it since he was 13. It took him a long time to achieve the black belt. He remained a blue belt for eight long years. If Rogan says someone is a little weak in BJJ, i would take his assessment, along with Cormier and a good number of fighters who are adapt at grappling and nonbias. It is all opinion even from BJJ/Grappling coaches. If we look at his current fights he does not grapple proficiently. Maybe in a couple more years he will be proficient, but as of now, I do not see it,

Last edited:

He is rolling at the same intensity at 15:49 with a smaller female as he is with the bigger guys through the video.
Looks like most MMA fighters in a BJJ class getting some extra rounds in without getting broken.

Izzy has some good videos out there where he looks like a world-beater on the ground in similar classes.

Back