Elections Jan 6th Documentary 'The war on truth' vows to challenge the mainstream narrative of the event.

We did.

We asked if you could cite a single example of the claim you made. That claim being that BLM were not charged for crimes they committed. You wouldn't do it. Instead you linked to an article that mentioned "thousands" that had been round up and released without charges. Several people pointed this out to you.

And if you won't cite a single example then everyone knows your full of shit. So either put up, or shut up.

Except I did. Not my fault you're too lazy to read back. Way to avoid naming the 8 posters I requested from you, also. Once again, you've proven to be full of shit and you run away when called out on the lies you spew. You can remain in hiding until you make yourself worth responding to.

Except I did. Not my fault you're too lazy to read back. Way to avoid naming the 8 posters I requested from you, also. Once again, you've proven to be full of shit and you run away when called out on the lies you spew. You can remain in hiding until you make yourself worth responding to.

You know people can go back and read your posts in this thread and see that you've not done any of that, right?

Very timely comment
Well anything was possible. heck I could "run" for something if I wanted to.
re: Jan 6 rioters and their political careers, because today is the West Virginia primary.

Meet Derrick Evans, who served 3 months in prison for Jan 6
"in prison for Jan 6" I am guessing that is a copy and paste right from some website. What exactly did he do that day? Was he part of the majority which waltz in, looked lost, took selfies, and left? If so than like I said already, Those who legitimately broke the law that day. If he was indeed part of the small wrecking crew than I don't agree with this and I wouldn't vote for him if given the opportunity.
and is running for Congress right now in West Virginia. He’s being endorsed by Michael Flynn.

Several Jan 6 rioters are running for local office as well.
I'd need to know exactly what they did.
I don’t think what @K1levelgrappler said is far-fetched at all, sadly. There are hundreds of these people, and it’s likely some will indeed have political careers and possibly make it to Congress.
If they were part of the portion that were up to no good than they don't have my support.

Last edited:
Bro,
That’s all these kids have at this moment in time, is time…

They’re not in the workforce yet, who else has time to sit around and shit in a tent all week..
Ooooh... You are referring to the future college dropouts that are camping on private property? Well yeah true. Because what they are doing lately is pointless and has had the opposite effect.

You know people can go back and read your posts in this thread and see that you've not done any of that, right?

Yup. You know they can see you tuck tail and run after your spoke out of your ass and lied?

I'm not American and haven't followed this closely, but is there grounds for calling it a coup beyond some pissed off rednecks fighting with cops? Seems more like a riot that a coup. Also didn't your founding fathers say something about it being the duty of the people to overthrow the government when it no longer serves the interests of the people?
Isn't it about intent? The intent was to have a coup but in the end some idiot got shot, beat up some cops and the man that instigated it hid in a bunker. Just because they bungled the coup attempt and it degenerated into a pathetic riot doesn't excuse them. Their goal was to have the election result overturned by using violence and intimidation. It just wasn't well planned or executed.

Last edited:
Well anything was possible. heck I could "run" for something if I wanted to.

"in prison for Jan 6" I am guessing that is a copy and paste right from some website. What exactly did he do that day? Was he part of the majority which waltz in, looked lost, took selfies, and left? If so than like I said already, Those who legitimately broke the law that day. If he was indeed part of the small wrecking crew than I don't agree with this and wouldn't for him if given the opportunity.

I'd need to know exactly what they did.

If they were part of the portion that were up to no good than they don't have my support.
Well well, this is quite a different tone than you struck earlier.
Was there sarcasm in your previous post that I missed? It seemed like you were sincerely shocked at the idea that Jan 6 criminals could ever hold public office or be in Congress—yet when I provide several examples of them running for various offices, your first instinct is to rush to their defense.

He obstructed officers who were trying to secure the Capitol, and breached the Capitol himself, and livestreamed it.
You may not think this counts as breaking the law, but Evans knew better, as he can be heard in the video saying, “Should I delete this, so there’s no evidence of what I did?”
What you consider “not legitimately breaking the law” is in fact a felony, and he was facing 5 years in prison. He plead guilty and was sentenced to 3 months, which I think is quite lenient, and more than fair. At the time, he had been recently elected as a VA lawmaker, and he resigned due to this.

Of course, since that time he has branded himself as a “J6 hOsTaGe,” written a book, blah blah blah. He did lose the primary yesterday, so maybe there’s a glimmer of hope.

giphy.gif
I have you a Like for the GIF :)

But in all seriousness, the NYT is a great media outlet. They are highly accurate, and have won a string of Pulitzer Prizes, both recently and in years past. I find it interesting that I have no issue reading an outlet with a moderate right-wing bias, like the Wall Street Journal for example, but so many conservatives are allergic to an outlet like the NYT who I would characterize having a slight-to-moderate left bias.

But hey, Trump always calls them “the failing New York Times,” so I guess they must suck…. :rolleyes:
{<diva}

Isn't it about intent? The intent was to have a coup but in the end some idiot got shot, beat up some cops and the man that instigated it hid in a bunker. Just because they bungled the coup attempt and it degenerated into a pathetic riot doesn't excuse them. Their goal was to have the election result overturned by using violence and intimidation. It just wasn't well planned or executed.
That makes sense for the guys who bought up a bunch of guns and larped as revolutionaries, and it makes sense for the fake elector guys, but it seems like there were a lot of people who didn't fall into either of those categories.

That makes sense for the guys who bought up a bunch of guns and larped as revolutionaries, and it makes sense for the fake elector guys, but it seems like there were a lot of people who didn't fall into either of those categories.
That is likely why a large number of the people arrested received no more than a fine and/or probation.

"More than 1,230 people have been charged with federal crimes in the riot, ranging from misdemeanor offenses like trespassing to felonies like assaulting police officers and seditious conspiracy. Roughly 730 people have pleaded guilty to charges, while another roughly 170 have been convicted of at least one charge at a trial decided by a judge or a jury, according to an Associated Press database.

Only two defendants have been acquitted of all charges, and those were trials decided by a judge rather than a jury.

About 750 people have been sentenced, with almost two-thirds receiving some time behind bars. Prison sentences have ranged from a few days of intermittent confinement to 22 years in prison. The longest sentence was handed down to Enrique Tarrio, the former Proud Boys national chairman who was convicted of seditious conspiracy for what prosecutors described as a plot to stop the transfer of power from Trump, a Republican, to Joe Biden, a Democrat."

Please note the bold text. So the other third pleaded guilty but did no jail time.

I've said this bfoe and I'll repeat, you are drinking from poisoned wells my friend
Yes, I know you say that, but with all due respect you’ve never once been able to articulate how.

I’m sincerely curious for a list of news sources you utilize. Again, NYT is a highly accurate news source. I’ve often asked various conservatives to explain in some detail exactly how they vet a news source, and no one seems to be able to.

Here is the MediaBias/FactCheck on the NYT. While my top news sources is Reuters (their MediaBias/FactCheck is here) I can deal with a slight bias—to either side—if the news source is highly accurate. Like I said, I know full well that WSJ has a moderate right bias, but they’re also pretty accurate, and I can see past the bias and work with that. Same for the slight left bias of Associated Press or NYT.

News sources that are extreme right OR extreme left are by nature not highly accurate, and I won’t deal with either. So, no MSNBC or Huff Post for me. And no FOX or Newsmax either.

Thing is: if a person gets their news from, say, Newsmax primarily then they are about here on the Left/Right spectrum whether they realize it or not. From there, NYT seems verrrrry far to the left—but it’s not, objectively speaking. Most Righties today are reflexively repelled from the NYT simply because Trump trashes them, and he trashes them for the same reason he trashes most outlets: they do excellent reporting on how fucking shitty he is.

Well well, this is quite a different tone than you struck earlier.
Was there sarcasm in your previous post that I missed? It seemed like you were sincerely shocked at the idea that Jan 6 criminals could ever hold public office or be in Congress—yet when I provide several examples of them running for various offices, your first instinct is to rush to their defense.
Nope. It was a testament to how surprised I am that a convict would be given the opportunity to run for anything politician related.
He obstructed officers who were trying to secure the Capitol, and breached the Capitol himself, and livestreamed it.
whaaaaaat?? That dude can go back to prison for all I care. Dude has no support from me and I'd curse him to his fase.
You may not think this counts as breaking the law, but Evans knew better, as he can be heard in the video saying, “Should I delete this, so there’s no evidence of what I did?”
Never seen this video.
What you consider “not legitimately breaking the law” is in fact a felony, and he was facing 5 years in prison. He plead guilty and was sentenced to 3 months, which I think is quite lenient, and more than fair. At the time, he had been recently elected as a VA lawmaker, and he resigned due to this.
I absolutely consider this breaking the law and if it was up to me he'd still be cleaning toilets in prison.
Of course, since that time he has branded himself as a “J6 hOsTaGe,” written a book, blah blah blah. He did lose the primary yesterday, so maybe there’s a glimmer of hope.
I have you a Like for the GIF :)

But in all seriousness, the NYT is a great media outlet. They are highly accurate, and have won a string of Pulitzer Prizes, both recently and in years past. I find it interesting that I have no issue reading an outlet with a moderate right-wing bias, like the Wall Street Journal for example, but so many conservatives are allergic to an outlet like the NYT who I would characterize having a slight-to-moderate left bias.
Yeah I am glad he lost the primary.
But hey, Trump always calls them “the failing New York Times,” so I guess they must suck…. :rolleyes:
He does say a lot of things that are overboard.

You're right, there's no comparison because it's a false equivalence.

People prosecuted for January 6th landed in jail because they were filmed committing crimes.

You have a problem with people not prosecuted for committing crimes? Name them. If you can't, keep your deranged fantasies to yourself.

Thousands of BLM protestors were arrested and released because they had committed no crimes. If you want to blame looting and arson on BLM, name the suspects and describe how any why they weren't prosecuted. I'm tired of you guys blaming everything on anyone you don't like without proving any of it. Some of you were blaming Jan. 6 on Antifa.

I saw isolated incidents of potentially dangerous statements coming from fringe BLM groups and they were immediately condemned by BLM Global and other prominent voices. The protests were considered overwhelmingly peaceful because they were.

Conservatives don't care about law and order or justice, well MAGA and the alt right don't, anyway. You show me a guy setting someone else's property on fire, I say lock him up. You don't think thieves and arsonists were prosecuted during the summer of Floyd? Name some who should have been but weren't. If you can't, you have nothing. If you can, I also would like to know why they weren't prosecuted.

What totally baffles me about this repeated false equivalency.-

We encounter protests/riots all the time. When sporting teams lose, people engage in riots. People actually get killed like when the Pistons lost in 93. ALL THE TIME.

In an unprecendeted event, the US capitol building was invaded during what has historically been, a peaceful transition of power in the democratic process. Galvanized by a seemingly deranged ex-president.

These simple mother fuckers are asking "Well what about the liquor store broke into during the George Floyd muder protests?"

Back