My big stupid hype trains thread.

Matej Penaz about become free agent after dispute with OKTAGON.

Where do you think we will see him...KSW? LFA?....UFC would be great but not sure that they will offer him contract due to his loss in DWCS.
Looks like still listed for fight on JUNE 08, 2024 OKTAGON MMA Matej Penaz vs Patrik Kincl .

The mere fact he was on DWCS shows UFC was looking at him and he has won since then 3 wins by KO, yes UFC should be all over that,

Looks like still listed for fight on JUNE 08, 2024 OKTAGON MMA Matej Penaz vs Patrik Kincl .

The mere fact he was on DWCS shows UFC was looking at him and he has won since then 3 wins by KO, yes UFC should be all over that,

That fight is off, Kincl got hurt.

I was quite annoyed as I had money on Penaz as an underdog lol.

He was supposed to fight for title but Kincl is injured. They tried to make shortnotice 3x5 vs Čepo...but Peňaz is not interested in fighting 3x5 for lower payment and for non title after he prepared for 5x5. So he wanted interim title fight 5x5. Owner of Oktagon then on live stream said some spicy stuff. Reportedly lied that Peňaz accepted substitute fight, etc ... -

Translation -

Here is full story:
I received contract on 17.4 for title fight vs Patrik Kincl (83,9KG). According to the words of Novotny(Oktagon owner) they signed two more contracts on 23.4 with Vlastislav Čepo into position of substitute fighter. One contract for 5x5 (title vs Kincl) and one for 3x5 fight (non title vs me). - I didn't know anything about it at the moment, i was in full preparation....

Penaz also said on instagram that he cannot imagine to fight for Oktagon anymore ..... make money and sell ppv's for them after incident like this. When they tried to blame everything on him.

Is Siraj, the canadian dude who just finished Abbasov, any good?

He's not bad, good grappler, don't think he's anything special but the kind of guy who could maybe get picked up and have a run at the lower end of the division.

Back