NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Refs inserting themselves into the game unnecessarily

Reactions: PND
Pickard is in lmao... enough trying to pep talk Skinner into playing decent. They're playing hard ball now. I guess they realize it isn't working.

Oilers fucking suck. Enjoy the next round Canucks.

They have 1 line, and no golie. Regardless of what happens this round, they aren't winning the Cup. What do they do in the off season? Aquire a goalie? Are there any good RFA/UFA goalies available this summer? Has Skinner even had a save % over .800 this series?

They have 1 line, and no golie. Regardless of what happens this round, they aren't winning the Cup. What do they do in the off season? Aquire a goalie? Are there any good RFA/UFA goalies available this summer? Has Skinner even had a save % over .800 this series?
That Nurse contract makes sure the team is handcuffed forever.

Murray and Samsonov

Actually no. Over 3 games, his save % is .793. He lets in almost every scoring opportunity and even some that aren't.

With regard to the Oilers having only 1 line, they out shot the Canucks 45 to 18 and look superior outside of goaltending. It's really just amazing that the Canucks 3rd string goalie is better than Skinner. With quite a bit of help from the post in last night's game.

I guess Silovs is just playing with no pressure since everyone expects him to be bad and Skinner is a choke artist.

I have no idea who's available, but anyone would be better than Skinner. Choking is probably the worst quality you could have as an athlete. This is 2 years in a row (the only 2 years he has played) that he is much worse in the post season than the regular season and that isn't something that gets better in my experience.

edit: "Sportlogiq counted the high-danger scoring chances at 24-10 in Edmonton’s favour, the expected goals 5.42 to 2.56 for the Oilers."

That's probably being generous with the scoring chances for both teams, but basically the Oilers dominated outside of goaltending.

The Canucks aren't looking better than anyone expected outside of I guess Silovs. They aren't winning either. I think they would get routined by either Dallas or especially the Eastern Conference finalist and their only hope to make the finals would be the Avalanche with Georgiev playing as abysmally as Sinner has.

Last edited:
Reactions: PND
Back