No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Can anyone explain to me the point of the Codex of Power when no one is going to imprint onto shitty Ancestral and Sacred Rares due to lack of affixes. I guess you can imprint on Legendaries but that's boring. The game is way to easy now and the affixes kind of suck. Like why didn't they just make the loot like Diablo 2. They decided to emulate Diablo 3 though. Diablo 3 sucks.

Half the fun of Diablo is the hunt and it's just not a good hunt game now. You can target farm uniques at uber bosses and no set items like previous titles. Just nothing to farm or hunt for.

I haven't found anything remotely good past level 80. It's an issue when you spend all game looking for continuous gear and then it all just stops. Nothing is exciting about it anymore.

You running out of patience with it?

I'll keep it around for multiplayer.

I haven't found anything remotely good past level 80. It's an issue when you spend all game looking for continuous gear and then it all just stops. Nothing is exciting about it anymore.

You running out of patience with it?

I'll keep it around for multiplayer.
Ya sorry about yesterday just had no urge to play. It's like playing baby's first ARPG now. Instead of Damage on Tuesdays you are now just looking for stars and Greater Affixes. I kinda liked filtering through all the loot.

Can anyone explain to me the point of the Codex of Power when no one is going to imprint onto shitty Ancestral and Sacred Rares due to lack of affixes. I guess you can imprint on Legendaries but that's boring. The game is way to easy now and the affixes kind of suck. Like why didn't they just make the loot like Diablo 2. They decided to emulate Diablo 3 though. Diablo 3 sucks.

Half the fun of Diablo is the hunt and it's just not a good hunt game now. You can target farm uniques at uber bosses and no set items like previous titles. Just nothing to farm or hunt for.

Past the beginning, rares are just there to salvage for mats. Imprinting is actually one of the most improved area of the game because you keep the best codex so you no longer need to keep a bunch of legendaries you will never use but you need it in case you found better gear to imprint on.

You can very quickly get to full ancestral legendaries once you play a bit in tier4 since all gear drops are ancestral in tier 4. Just follow the seasonal quest line. Legendaries are everywhere when you do helltide, so the real hunt now is to get legendaries with greater affixes that you want, and you're lucky enough to temper 2 additional affixes that you want before you run out of attempts, then hopefully the masterwork that crit every 4 levels boost the affixes you want the most. I have seen gears with all greater affixes, but they are very rare and most are shitty affixes.

I personally have more fun gear hunting this season.

Past the beginning, rares are just there to salvage for mats. Imprinting is actually one of the most improved area of the game because you keep the best codex so you no longer need to keep a bunch of legendaries you will never use but you need it in case you found better gear to imprint on.

You can very quickly get to full ancestral legendaries once you play a bit in tier4 since all gear drops are ancestral in tier 4. Just follow the seasonal quest line. Legendaries are everywhere when you do helltide, so the real hunt now is to get legendaries with greater affixes that you want, and you're lucky enough to temper 2 additional affixes that you want before you run out of attempts, then hopefully the masterwork that crit every 4 levels boost the affixes you want the most. I have seen gears with all greater affixes, but they are very rare and most are shitty affixes.

I personally have more fun gear hunting this season.

Right I get all that and yes I like the codex of power change. My problem is that why would you ever imprint on any rares once out of Tier 2 cause you are missing an affix compared to legendaries. I liked crafting my geat by finding a good yellow and putting a legendary affix on it but before season 4 the affixes were bad unless you extracted it at the Occultist late game.

So literally the only reason to imprint now is on legendaries.

Right I get all that and yes I like the codex of power change. My problem is that why would you ever imprint on any rares once out of Tier 2 cause you are missing an affix compared to legendaries. I liked crafting my geat by finding a good yellow and putting a legendary affix on it but before season 4 the affixes were bad unless you extracted it at the Occultist late game.

So literally the only reason to imprint now is on legendaries.

I think the direction is very clear, rares are irrelevant now. Even if they get 4 affixes, they are still inferior because they can't potentially have greater affixes like legendaries can. I would understand your frustration if legendaries are hard to find so having rares that can potentially become legendaries is a good way to improve gear, but legendaries themselves are already raining down like nothing this season, I am a pretty average player and I can get about over 70 legendaries in 1 helltide, more if I play a speed farming build. So this feels like a weird complaint to me.

Back