Elections Trump wants a billion dollars from oil for election. Promises them an easy time if elected .

It's such a shame both sides gotta have such a hard line stance on energy to garner donations from lobbyists.

I don't know how you can avoid the conclusion that lobbying is protected by the First Amendment without amending it. Also, corporations already can't donate to candidates. They can donate to Super PACs, though, thanks to CU (and specifically to Roberts, Alito, and Thomas, in addition to Scalia and Kennedy). And the thing is, there is no evidence at all that ad buys actually influence election results. But when you have a crook like Trump who is A) looking for ways to personally benefit from the donations and B) straight up offering to allow pollution (that is harmful to the country but good for polluters) in exchange for money, we do have a problem. Cynical hacks like @Rob Battisti and @nostradumbass are unable to condemn it because they are rhetorically committed to the false notion that that stuff is normal (and because they can never bring themselves to go against the party line).

You can't. The key is found on the last line and listed right of the 1A. And amending the US Constitution - the world's longest surviving written charter of national government - takes an absolutely extraordinary degree of bipartisan support: at least two-thirds of both chambers of Congress AND three-fourths of the state legislatures? Yeah, no. 🤣 I kind of like it that way, tbh.

You can't. The key is found on the last line and listed right of the 1A. And amending the US Constitution - the world's longest surviving written charter of national government - takes an absolutely extraordinary degree of bipartisan support: at least two-thirds of both chambers of Congress AND three-fourths of the state legislatures? Yeah, no. 🤣 I kind of like it that way, tbh.
Indeed, you should not be able to fuck around with the constitution willy nilly. That's why Pierre Poilievre, campaigning to lead my country, needs to be flushed like a turd. He's actually campaigning on his intent to do exactly that.

What could possibly go wrong.

exxonmayflower900-1.jpg

kanspill221209-4sbyl1.jpg

keystone-spill-kansas-221211-49.jpg

EPAoilspillsubdivision3.JPG

Exxon_spill.jpg

oil-spill-epa-19-8957b8671cda4792abe361c722ca3c7d.png

Oh yeah I really don't want Mobil oil with my drinking water lol.

Jesus christ dude, did you even read what you linked? This was a power company bribing republican politicians to get rid of green energy efficiency standards and bail out failing nuclear power and coal plants. At what point do you reflect and realize you're a sucker?

Isn't that worse?

You guys are supporting legislation that Repuplicans are using to steal tax payer money...

Talk about useful idiots

Isn't that worse?

You guys are supporting legislation that Repuplicans are using to steal tax payer money...

Talk about useful idiots

What are you talking about? Who is supporting that? Are you seriously trying to spin that somehow? You said you didn't support the 'climate scam' because it's just people bribing their friends in the government, then provided a link to justify your position. The link was a story about companies invested in fossil fuels and nuclear power bribing government officials to avoid having to meet green standards - literally the exact opposite of what you were claiming, and what I try and point out to you guys every time this subject comes up. The scam is being run by the fossil fuels industry, and you dolts fall for it hook line and sinker every single time.

Just take the L dude, and perhaps reflect so you don't continue to embarrass yourself. Or don't, and maybe post some a studies funded by Exxon showing that fossil fuels aren't harmful, while claiming the climate scientist making 50k a year is just in it for the money.

Indeed, you should not be able to fuck around with the constitution willy nilly. That's why Pierre Poilievre, campaigning to lead my country, needs to be flushed like a turd. He's actually campaigning on his intent to do exactly that.

Article V exists and it's a great thing that it does but the randos like Washington, Franklin, Hamilton, and Madison who put their signatures to that charter made it so you're gonna be really god damn sure about what you're doing if, when and ever it's to be amended. I always found it kind of interesting that neither Adams nor Jefferson attended the Constitutional Convention, they weren't even in the country at the time.

What are you talking about? Who is supporting that? Are you seriously trying to spin that somehow? You said you didn't support the 'climate scam' because it's just people bribing their friends in the government, then provided a link to justify your position. The link was a story about companies invested in fossil fuels and nuclear power bribing government officials to avoid having to meet green standards - literally the exact opposite of what you were claiming, and what I try and point out to you guys every time this subject comes up. The scam is being run by the fossil fuels industry, and you dolts fall for it hook line and sinker every single time.

Just take the L dude, and perhaps reflect so you don't continue to embarrass yourself. Or don't, and maybe post some a studies funded by Exxon showing that fossil fuels aren't harmful, while claiming the climate scientist making 50k a year is just in it for the money.

Well actually, no.

The companies listed in that article are all part of the renewable energies scam, as well as being monopolies in the fossil fuel energy industry.

But you'd have to have some actual knowledge of what you're talking about to onow that. So I apologize for expecting you to know anything.

Bilking dumbass hippies to the tune of billions of dollars.

Is transitioning to green energy a good idea? Maybe. Are energy companies scamming taxpayers under the guise of renewable energy? Absolutely.

You're literally cheering on your own destruction. Enjoy higher Bill payments for no benefit other than getting to sit around sniffing your own farts. It's the liberal way.

Well actually, no.

The companies listed in that article are all part of the renewable energies scam, as well as being monopolies in the fossil fuel energy industry.

But you'd have to have some actual knowledge of what you're talking about to onow that. So I apologize for expecting you to know anything.

Bilking dumbass hippies to the tune of billions of dollars.

Is transitioning to green energy a good idea? Maybe. Are energy companies scamming taxpayers under the guise of renewable energy? Absolutely.

You're literally cheering on your own destruction. Enjoy higher Bill payments for no benefit other than getting to sit around sniffing your own farts. It's the liberal way.

So because a company has a webpage that talks about green energy, that makes them part of the 'green energy scam'? Literally every fossil fuels company on earth has a similar page, its no different than Phillip Morris having a webpage that talks about being healthy. The company I was referring to, which is the primary focus of the article you linked, is FirstEnergy, which is absolutely not in any way shape or form a green company - they were paying republicans to get rid of green requirements as well as get bailouts for failing nuclear and coal plants.

And as for cheering my destruction, just because you're too stupid and uneducated to understand what we're doing to the climate and how its going to effect us doesn't mean I am. Keep sucking the nuts of fossil fuels companies.

Pretty awful how these dum right-wing populist movements are worldwide.

Back