International ‘They tortured us': Rohingya survivors of fatal capsize say captain raped girls, purposely sank boat

That's terrible, I hope that captain gets caught and dies a slow death in prison.
- With lucky, he ends eat by a shark. Because i dont believe that anything will hapen to him or his tripulation!

The US and most of the countries sell arms across the globe. Sad stuff. Ultimately the world doesnt care about these countries...
Western countries have an embargo on weapons sales to Myanmar precisely because of the ethnic cleansing campaign against the Rohingya. In fact in 2018 there was a report about Israeli arms sales to Myanmar and the Israeli Supreme Court issued an order to stop such sales and yet a few years later it comes out that Israeli firms continued to sell to the Junta.

So I reject the characterization that Israeli sales to Myanmar represent the norm, certainly not the case for Western countries.

Western countries have an embargo on weapons sales to Myanmar precisely because of the ethnic cleansing campaign against the Rohingya. In fact in 2018 there was a report about Israeli arms sales to Myanmar and the Israeli Supreme Court issued an order to stop such sales and yet a few years later it comes out that Israeli firms continued to sell to the Junta.

So I reject the characterization that Israeli sales to Myanmar represent the norm, certainly not the case for Western countries.
I wont speculate on any third party arms sold through the governments that banned them but I will say I'm not sure why they would. Myanmar is not of great interest. Thanks for the post.

Queers for the Rohingya?

Nope, more tumbleweed.

No Jews, no News.

No whites, no fight.

As I recall, the Muslims in Aceh sort of invited the wrath of the wider majority on their heads when they imposed Sharia law in the province where they were the majority, and brutally mistreated all who didn't abide their crazed theological notions.

I’m not following what this has to do with the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar? Aceh is in Indonesia, and Indonesia itself is majority Muslim, so I’m not sure what non-Muslim “wider majority” you’re referring to above or what wrath was brought down on them.

I’m not following what this has to do with the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar? Aceh is in Indonesia, and Indonesia itself is majority Muslim, so I’m not sure what non-Muslim “wider majority” you’re referring to above or what wrath was brought down on them.
Poorly worded, but it's not, it's only loosely related. There's irony that in what has become a trasnational crisis even Aceh is now complaining about being burdened with these refugees where these poor souls were headed. Because the Rohingya, who flee to Aceh, or mostly Bangladesh, seek refuge in an Islamic stronghold for either destination. Yet in Myanmar, where they were a minority, they engaged in armed struggle against the wider Buddhist majority. But no, it's not like the Rohingya run either government where they seek refuge.

Back