Media Arman Tsarukyan coach and teammate favour Islam to beat Arman at this moment.

Joinho10

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Some interesting takes from Armans team.

Armans Coach Sergei Torosyan believe Arman doesnt have the skills right now to beat Islam and brings up the Oliveira fights saying there's a clear distinction. Armans teammate and LW great Eduard Vartanyan favours Islam because of 5 round experience.

Another interesting note is that Aslanbek Badev( Big podcaster in russian mma) while analyzing the matchup reveals that Islam was suffering from bad food poisoning in the first fight.

Thoughts bois? Should your coach be saying this out loud even if he believes it?

Some interesting takes from Armans team.

Armans Coach Sergei Torosyan believe Arman doesnt have the skills right now to beat Islam and brings up the Oliveira fights saying there's a clear distinction. Armans teammate and LW great Eduard Vartanyan favours Islam because of 5 round experience.

Another interesting note is that Aslanbek Badev( Big podcaster in russian mma) while analyzing the matchup reveals that Islam was suffering from bad food poisoning in the first fight.

Thoughts bois? Should your coach be saying this out loud even if he believes it?

Maybe his honesty is what spurs Arman to elevate his game.
Every fighter is different mentally and his coach knows him best.
So...

<Fedor23>

I watched an older interview by his striking coach, the same guy in the first few minutes, he said that they are planning on having 6 months to prepare for Islam specifically. That was always the plan. I find Arman's striking is actually at a very good level, his olympic level taekwando coach has done a great job of installing natural level of martial arts base to Arman's arsenal, and it's often gets overlooked.

Also, another well less known fact that is mentioned here and I have not seen anyone mention is that Islam was sick for over a week right before the first Arman fight, and mostly people just mention that it was a short notice fight for Arman, without ever giving Islam any credit for taking that fight in a weakened state. Something I knew, but others didn't.

Either way, I still believe that Arman will be the toughest challenger at LW for Islam, they match up very well.

Also, another well less known fact that is mentioned here and I have not seen anyone mention is that Islam was sick for over a week right before the first Arman fight, and mostly people just mention that it was a short notice fight for Arman, without ever giving Islam any credit for taking that fight in a weakened state. Something I knew, but others didn't.
It is mentioned in the OP.

Maybe his honesty is what spurs Arman to elevate his game.
Every fighter is different mentally and his coach knows him best.
So...

<Fedor23>
Could. He knows best but always thought delusion works best for fighters.

Who would of thought that armaan fresh off a war-like fight with Charles would not be in best shape to beat Islam, who has been incubating for quite some time. I fail to see the controversy in the statement itself but its strange coming from his Armaan's Team...

Time for a new coach

I'd like to know what Arman thinks about his coach saying that, before I can really say whether I think it was a good thing of him to say that publically, or if it isn't.

Who would of thought that armaan fresh off a war-like fight with Charles would not be in best shape to beat Islam, who has been incubating for quite some time. I fail to see the controversy in the statement itself but its strange coming from his Armaan's Team...

The issue for his coach wasnt the timeframe for the fights moreso skills. He essentially said Arman's skills is not up to par to beat Islam and said Arman doesn't need the fight.. He said "Arman doesn't need the fight he needs to train right now"

Cool. Khabib and I think so too...

giphy.gif

I'd like to know what Arman thinks about his coach saying that, before I can really say whether I think it was a good thing of him to say that publically, or if it isn't.
Arman himself said he would need more time to prepare to fight Islam, he and his coach are being honest. And every commentators I heard said it was a good decision, you don't beat Islam on just a month notice.

I think it was him or Arman who mentioned that they stopped work together. Like few last fights and training camps Arman was preparing without Torosyan. Some think that's why Torosyan is salty in his interviews and doesn't believe in Tsarukyan.

That would be a good explanation, because it makes no sense for a coach to say that his fighter is not good enough to beat his next opponent. <36>

Good coaching fam fr I rmmbr wen my yute Big Mac back when mans was throwin' handz him have a big fight coming up against a kickboxing yute from BTown n Master Choi kept runnin' his mouth how Big Mac ain't know how to check kicks and he finna lose yappin aboot how he finna bet on di other guy make sum money 💵🤑Big Mac start kickin' a metal post everyday for prep bro went in ate dem leg kicks like Timbits ngl I was scared tho shouted from di back "Yo Big Mac check dem leg kicks fam!!" Right as I say it Mac catches bro widda overhand yute was snorin' before him even touch grass fam👊💥😴 Master Choi playing 4d chess widda coaching fam ting unbelievable fam

The issue for his coach wasnt the timeframe for the fights moreso skills. He essentially said Arman's skills is not up to par to beat Islam and said Arman doesn't need the fight.. He said "Arman doesn't need the fight he needs to train right now"

There might be a language barrier because he says Arman will be prepared in the same interview. Sounds like he's just saying they need a full training camp to prepare for the fight.

I think it was him or Arman who mentioned that they stopped work together. Like few last fights and training camps Arman was preparing without Torosyan. Some think that's why Torosyan is salty in his interviews and doesn't believe in Tsarukyan.
Interesting, where did he or arman mention this?

Back