Fight Recommendations For Outstanding Grappling Exchanges?

Hey folks I’m home alone for once and I got UFC Fight Pass.

I was wondering if anyone has any fight recommendations for stellar fights between grapplers? BJJ, Sambo, Wrestling, whatever style.

The one that springs to mind is Armen v Gamrot which I watched again and it’s just as high level as i remember it.

Anyone got any suggestions for fights with great grappling exchanges?

Here’s a cat pic for your time

View attachment 1042864

Islam vs Arman , great reversals, sweet transitions.

Frank Shamrock vs. Alan Goes was another very early one. Frank had like 1 year of experience/training in Pancrase and held his own with a BJJ black belt.

Kimo vs. Royce was fun. too. Everyone expected a 30 second submission by Royce, but Kimo used his strength, high school wrestling background and a little second-had GJJ training (if the rumors are true) to give Royce a surprisingly good fight.

These aren't modern ADCC quality fights, but showcased grappling pioneers in the very early days of the sport.

Right! Shamrock vs Goes, I forgot that! I remember him having a great grappling fight with Dan Henderson, too!

And, actually, the rematch between Nog vs Henderson was basically a one-sided beatdown with Nog putting an grappling clinic on Dan. I learned several things from that fight that I applied to BJJ.

Gamrot vs CDF
CDF vs Dariush
Gamrot vs Arman
Islam vs Arman
Exactly the post I was gonna say.
Also CDF vs that wrestling guy who basically retired because he refused to fight down. The one who got KOd by Kevin Lee and is in insane condition. Can’t believe I forgot his name

It's because palhares had a history of holding subs too long. Finally, even holding a single second too long (against pierce) was the last straw and he was cut

he was cut soon after outside the ufc against shields as well

its the extra "fuck you" crank he does after the reff makes contact in the pierce fight. dudes an idiot. 1 second wasnt the issue, the blatant shredding after contact is unforgivable

Hey folks I’m home alone for once and I got UFC Fight Pass.

I was wondering if anyone has any fight recommendations for stellar fights between grapplers? BJJ, Sambo, Wrestling, whatever style.

The one that springs to mind is Armen v Gamrot which I watched again and it’s just as high level as i remember it.

Anyone got any suggestions for fights with great grappling exchanges?

Here’s a cat pic for your time

View attachment 1042864
Ed Herman vs Kendall Grove TUF 3 finale. Very underrated fight with a lot of great great grappling exchanges.

The irony is in one of his earlier fights he started celebrating before the fight was over. That fight changed him
lol against Dan miller. Further evidence of his poor fight iq

He also turned his back against marquardt to declare that he was greasing, meanwhile marquardt attacked and finished him with strikes lol

its the extra "fuck you" crank he does after the reff makes contact in the pierce fight. dudes an idiot. 1 second wasnt the issue, the blatant shredding after contact is unforgivable
I honestly don’t believe he cranked the subs extra intentionally. He just was an animal and didn’t put thought or care into the “rules” lol

Still though given that it happened numerous times, it’s very likely he always trained to crank until bones were broken, rather than waiting for a ref to jump in

Always underrated IMO and was great to show all facets of MMA

Frankie Edgar vs Tyson Griffin

Thought those guys were the future of 155 when I saw that fight. I was half right
That knee bar at the end was something else; such a great fight

Back