Media Ian Garry has agreed to fight Colby Covington

Who would win the fight?

• Total voters
Because Colby deserves to put his money where his mouth is.

Also it is of interest because in terms of personality, Garry is the antithesis of Colby, and vice-versa....

Just have them fight already lol, it's not that hard or complicated really.
Colby should fight Belal. It's not that hard or complicated, just have them fight already. Belal should "put his money where his mouth is" and not be a duck who's been sitting out uninjured for over a year refusing to fight anybody after he couldn't finish, win any 10-8 rounds or even win every round against a 36 year old bloated LW with a broken arm.

Belal Muhammad: Colby Covington the 'easiest fight' in the welterweight division​

Belal Muhammad trashes ‘coward’ Colby Covington, promises to ‘slap him right in his mouth’​

If the fight happens I think Machado will pick apart Covington to an uneventful unanimous decision. Can't really see Colby taking this fight though.

Didn't Ian say that it's senseless to fight a lower ranked opponent? Why should Colby now do the same thing Ian isn't willing to do?

After Colby's last performance, it's not like he has any options. He's not getting Leon, Usman, Belal, Shavkat or JDM. A Burns fight is pretty much meaningless at this point.

After everything Colby said, if he doesn't take this fight he's going to look like a duck.

giphy.gif

Colby started the back and forth by talking shit about Garry. Garry responds by directly calling out Colby, then further added on to his call out by asking for an "I Quit" condition.

Colby responds by making ridiculous stipulations that can only be taken as a means of ducking Garry, rather than simply accepting the repeated call outs.

Colby then turns around and talks shit about Layla when he gets ignored. Garry replies to him on social media, basically calling Colby a scrub, a coward and and a loser, and what does Colby do? Deflects accepting the fight... again.... and puts in on the UFC for not offering him the fight.

I don't think Colby has any choice in the matter. He will fight Garry, or he won't fight at all. Any favour Colby had with Dana or the UFC brass went straight out of the window after 296.

Garry has excellent TDD and get ups. He is legitimate contender just entering his prime.

Colby Covington is 36 years old and hasn't looked good in years. He's a semi retired has-been who is trying to be social media influencer instead.

If anyone is winning 30-26 it's Garry.

There is a reason Colby Covington is ducking this fight like his life depends on it.

Colby must be terrified to have been caught with his pants down. He talked shit about a fighter that he will now have a hard time avoiding and might have a hard time beating. He will look pretty stupid talking shit then not being able to back it up, it's going to be glorious.

Personally, I hope Colby loses and gets cut. He's a moron, who uses the guise of playing a wrestling heel to cover the fact he's just a fucking asshole.

Colby should fight Belal. It's not that hard or complicated, just have them fight already. Belal should "put his money where his mouth is" and not be a duck who's been sitting out uninjured for over a year refusing to fight anybody after he couldn't finish, win any 10-8 rounds or even win every round against a 36 year old bloated LW with a broken arm.

Belal Muhammad: Colby Covington the 'easiest fight' in the welterweight division​

Belal Muhammad trashes ‘coward’ Colby Covington, promises to ‘slap him right in his mouth’​

I'm ok with that.

Shit, have a lil tourney lol.

Guy who likes his bunghole played with vs Guy who shares his wife.

I'm ok with that.

Shit, have a lil tourney lol.
I don't really care who fights whom. I'd probably most want to see Islam move up to fight Leon, then stay at WW and fight Shavkat. Everyone else at WW goes into the "who cares" pile. Hard to get too angry about Colby being "inactive" or "fighting old guys coming off a loss" though when Leon is the most inactive champ in the UFC with 4 completed fights and 1 NC in the last 5 years, Belal has sat out for over a year for no reason and still has nothing announced and his best wins are old guys who lost title fights like 5 years earlier, Garry also seems to exclusively fight old guys coming off losses, Usman is ranked #1 when he hasn't won a fight in 3 years or fought at all in 7 months with nothing booked and not even a rumor of his next fight.

Islam and Leon are both in their prime with 2 of the longest win streaks in the UFC, and Shavkat is a solid finisher who's probably ready for a title fight early next year after another good win. Everybody else can just fight in a circle.

Naa, Belal needs to fight for the belt, he’s earned it. And Colby needs to fight a relevant contender for the first time since he fought RDA back in 2018.

Hmm think Garry wins but Chaos has a chance if in shape and motivated. Do it for Trump.

I don't really care who fights whom. I'd probably most want to see Islam move up to fight Leon, then stay at WW and fight Shavkat. Everyone else at WW goes into the "who cares" pile. Hard to get too angry about Colby being "inactive" or "fighting old guys coming off a loss" though when Leon is the most inactive champ in the UFC with 4 completed fights and 1 NC in the last 5 years, Belal has sat out for over a year for no reason and still has nothing announced and his best wins are old guys who lost title fights like 5 years earlier, Garry also seems to exclusively fight old guys coming off losses, Usman is ranked #1 when he hasn't won a fight in 3 years or fought at all in 7 months with nothing booked and not even a rumor of his next fight.

Islam and Leon are both in their prime with 2 of the longest win streaks in the UFC, and Shavkat is a solid finisher who's probably ready for a title fight early next year after another good win. Everybody else can just fight in a circle.

A lot of good points there. a lot I can agree with.

Mostly I wish guys (all of them) would just fight way more often... it would sort a lot of this out naturally

Belal vs Colby vs Garry.

All of these guys need to fight each other, while Shavkhat deals with Leon.

I think Shavkat deserves a title shot
Shavkat did enough to earn a title, he finished 3 fighters in the top 15

Belal has earned the right to sit out until the UFC gives him his shot. Colby on the other hand should have to defend his rank against at least 2-3 actual contenders before there is any talk of him fighting for a belt again.
Why? From winning a lackluster 49-46 over a year ago against a 1 armed 36 year old who still won a round even with one of his arms not working?

Tom Aspinall stepped in to save a card and won by spectacular KO just 6 months ago and is still fighting again even after winning the interim title, Colby won an interim title and still got stripped and had to fight again because he got minor sinus surgery. Guys take fights all the time to stay active if the fight they want falls through.

A lot of good points there. a lot I can agree with.

Mostly I wish guys (all of them) would just fight way more often... it would sort a lot of this out naturally
None of it would matter if they were all fighting 3x/year because it would all shake out anyway, but basically none of them are once they get into the top 10, so now they all have to be somewhat selective because now it's years if you beat this guy, then the next guy isn't available, or that guy's injured, or somebody loses and gets pushed down the rankings.

Look what a mess LW is. People try to attack Islam claiming "he doesn't fight any LWs" to discredit him even though he's beaten both the #1 and #2, offered both of them mulitple rematches that they both turned down, is fighting #4 next because #3 just got brutally KO'd and needs 6 months of no contact, beat the #1 p4p at the time twice and has the longest win streak in LW history.

People can pick and choose which fighters to complain about and which they want to ignore when the reality is that the sport just kind of sucks when it comes to matchmaking and ranking accuracy when ranked guys only fight once or twice/year.

None of it would matter if they were all fighting 3x/year because it would all shake out anyway, but basically none of them are once they get into the top 10, so now they all have to be somewhat selective because now it's years if you beat this guy, then the next guy isn't available, or that guy's injured, or somebody loses and gets pushed down the rankings.

Look what a mess LW is. People try to attack Islam claiming "he doesn't fight any LWs" to discredit him even though he's beaten both the #1 and #2, offered both of them mulitple rematches that they both turned down, is fighting #4 next because #3 just got brutally KO'd and needs 6 months of no contact, beat the #1 p4p at the time twice and has the longest win streak in LW history.

People can pick and choose which fighters to complain about and which they want to ignore when the reality is that the sport just kind of sucks when it comes to matchmaking and ranking accuracy when ranked guys only fight once or twice/year.

Word, it's frustrating for sure.

Lol, yeah, it's "excellent", based on 69% TDD against 0 competent grapplers.

Colby would be Garry's 6th opponent out of 8 fights coming off a loss, half of them over 35, the other half cans, a split decision against Geoff Neal who's lost 4 of his last 6, he beat 36 year old journeyman Neil Magny who stepped in a week before the fight and has been finished 8 times.

Everything you accuse Colby of, Ian Garry does, only Garry is less dominant and with weaker competition. If Colby sucks and Garry is "a legitimate contender entering his prime", why aren't you demanding Garry fight JDM or Sean Brady or finally fight somebody who isn't old and coming off a loss?

Garry has been a prospect on the way up. That's why he's been fighting fighters coming off a loss. Because ranked fighters on win streaks don't fight down. If Colby were coming off a win he would be sitting out and waiting for a title shot, like he did the last two times he won a fight. It's because he lost that he needs to fight down in the rankings.

Why? From winning a lackluster 49-46 over a year ago against a 1 armed 36 year old who still won a round even with one of his arms not working?

Belal is on a 9 fight win streak with 3 top 5 wins and 2 other top 10 wins. He is more deserving of a title shot than Colby, Leon, Burns and Usman were when they got theirs. The idea that he should fight Colby, a fighter ranked below him coming off a loss, is completely absurd. You're just a Colby stan who doesn't want to accept his current place in the division. He's coming off a loss and needs to fight down in the rankings.

Belal is on a 9 fight win streak with 3 top 5 wins and 2 other top 10 wins. He is more deserving of a title shot than Colby, Leon, Burns and Usman were when they got theirs. The idea that he should fight Colby, a fighter ranked below him coming off a loss, is completely absurd. You're just a Colby stan who doesn't want to accept his current place in the division. He's coming off a loss and needs to fight down in the rankings.
Why would I want him to fight the much tougher Balol if I'm a "stan"? If Belol is ranked higher and clearly deserves it, while Colby is ranked lower and doesn't even deserve that, surely it's a cakewalk for Belol, right?

Why would I want him to fight the much tougher Balol if I'm a "stan"? If Belol is ranked higher and clearly deserves it, while Colby is ranked lower and doesn't even deserve that, surely it's a cakewalk for Belol, right?

What is this garbage non-answer?

Back