Nikola Jokić is already the best basketball player in history

antonio-banderas-antonio.gif

Make your lives simple and listen to me so you can stop making embarrassing threads.
Jordan 1990 ECF G7 = 31, 9, 8
Jokic tonight = 34, 19, 7

GOATkic has done it again mashallah

Jordan 1990 ECF G7 = 31, 9, 8
Jokic tonight = 34, 19, 7

GOATkic has done it again mashallah

I know it stings.

It will take some time to gain full perspective but now that 2024 has ended for Jokic, we can start to paint a picture of reality.

90/91 - 92/93 GOAT MJ:

3x NBA champion
3x Finals MVP
2x MVP
3x Scoring Title
3x All-NBA First Team
3x All-Defense
1x Steals Leader

21/22 - 23/24 Jokic:

1x NBA champion (1st round 4-1 loss to GS getting clamped by Draymond, 2nd round hilarious game 7 collapse to Wolves)
1x Finals MVP
2x MVP
1x All-NBA First Team

Enjoy, my sweet little donkey.

x4ndrr-jake-gyllenhaal.gif

I know it stings.

It will take some time to gain full perspective but now that 2024 has ended for Jokic, we can start to paint a picture of reality.

90/91 - 92/93 GOAT MJ:

3x NBA champion
3x Finals MVP
2x MVP
3x Scoring Title
3x All-NBA First Team
3x All-Defense
1x Steals Leader

21/22 - 23/24 Jokic:

1x NBA champion (1st round 4-1 loss to GS getting clamped by Draymond, 2nd round hilarious game 7 collapse to Wolves)
1x Finals MVP
2x MVP
1x All-NBA First Team

Jokic plays with zero HOFers, Jordan with 2. Hope that helps

Jokic plays with zero HOFers, Jordan with 2. Hope that helps

No shit? You have to retire before you're in the Hall of Fame. Jokic keeps losing to teams with zero Hall of Famers.

<36>

It's hard to have perspective of something when you're right in the middle of it. People always rush to claim everything is the best ever. Let 2024 finish and some time to pass before thinking about where this three year period ranks in history, especially within the context of the league as a whole. That's usually a pretty reasonable thing to do.

MJ created hall of famers across the league. Hope that helps, little one.

dd78432349c67752aa0a17443457efd9.jpg

Last edited:
The could have easily won that game 7, 20 point lead at the second half and they blew it.

Jokic will be back. I'm positive he'll win a couple more championships before he retires.

No shit? You have to retire before you're in the Hall of Fame. Jokic keeps losing to teams with zero Hall of Famers.

<36>

Jokic has never even played with a guy who made the All Star team when he was there and still won. Jordan was getting bounced by Bird when he was in the same spot

Jokic has never even played with a guy who made the All Star team when he was there and still won. Jordan was getting bounced by Bird when he was in the same spot

The GOAT Celtics?

Imagine getting shut down by a can.

i_7c_84_d5_draymond-green.png

Safcan bless.

<36>

Didn't all the Doncic fanboys hardline a similar defense on his behalf a few years ago, and as soon as Brunson got traded he was averaging 29ppg?

<36>

Jordan had an all-star and a dynamic duo in Pippen for the near entirety of his career.

Jokic? Zero.

Jordan had an all-star and a dynamic duo in Pippen for the near entirety of his career.

Jokic? Zero.

Bulls drafted Pippen. No doubt Pippen was important but MJ had a big part in making him a great player and a star. Also, Jordan actually played defense instead of standing and staring at guys blowing by you.

I am amused that everyone surrounding Jokic are all of a sudden scrubs. I guess 21-4-7 guys have become cans ;) Add Gordon, MPJ, KCP etc and it's pretty laughable to be complaining about help, especially if you're supposed to be the best player in the world. Perhaps if Jokic and team also played solid defense they wouldn't get blown out by 45 points. Lol.

Anyways, these excuses and narratives are all expected:

Hell, if the Nuggets win this year then there will be threads claiming "greatest ever" and if they lose it will be "overrated."

I thoroughly enjoy all of it. Keep it coming.

Bulls drafted Pippen. No doubt Pippen was important but MJ had a big part in making him a great player and a star.

I am amused that everyone surrounding Jokic are all of a sudden scrubs. I guess 21-4-7 guys have become cans ;) Add Gordon, MPJ, KCP etc and it's pretty laughable to be complaining about help, especially if you're supposed to be the best player in the world.

Anyways these excuses and narratives are all expected:

I thoroughly enjoy all of it.

They're no scrubs, but no they're no all-stars either.

Now I'm not making the argument that Jokic is the best player of all time, but what he had accomplished last year was a hell of a lot more impressive than what the rings-chasing, super teams-forming LeBrons, Kyries, and KDs have done.

They're no scrubs, but no they're no all-stars either.

Now I'm not making the argument that Jokic is the best player of all time, but what he had accomplished last year was a hell of a lot more impressive than what the rings-chasing, super teams-forming LeBrons, Kyries, and KDs have done.

Murray is actually pretty close, especially considering his playoff performances. His biggest issue is not being able to play close to a full 82.

I'm not taking anything away from what Jokic has accomplished. It's pretty incredible and I do rate him highly, particularly offensively. It's more impressive than ring-chasing and he was also clearly the MVP this year. In the broader picture though, he hasn't done nearly enough to be in the greatest of all-time conversation.

I know it stings.

90/91 - 92/93 GOAT MJ:

3x NBA champion
3x Finals MVP
2x MVP
3x Scoring Title
3x All-NBA First Team
3x All-Defense
1x Steals Leader

21/22 - 23/24 Jokic:

1x Finals MVP
2x MVP
1x All-NBA First Team

my god i mean guy always scores on his teams gives people assists just imagine if jokic had pippen kerr or kukoc in his team

<36>

Edwards, Gobert and likely KAT are going to make to the HOF.

my god i mean guy always scores on his teams gives people assists just imagine if jokic had pippen kerr or kukoc in his team

Kerr was not on the Bulls from 91-93, fican. Jokic has plenty of help. Playing defense is where your concerns should lie.

i do not watch nba

Correct.

Edwards, Gobert and likely KAT are going to make to the HOF.

Good to know. You and TS can have a wonderful discussion together. You'll finally be able to talk to someone younger than you.

<36>

Let me make a statement as pointless as you. "Murray and Gordon are going to make it to the Hall of Fame."

Last edited:
Let's be honest. Forget about MJ, Bird, Snaq, Kobe, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Hakeem etc. Jokic doesn't even have the best three-year period of the past decade.

14/15 - 16/17 Curry:

2x NBA champion
2x MVP (only unanimous MVP in NBA history in 2016)
1x Scoring Title
2x All-NBA First Team
1x Steals Leader
3x Three-point scoring leader

18/19 - 20/21 Giannis:

1x NBA champion
1x Finals MVP
2x MVP
1x NBA Defensive Player of the Year
3x All-NBA First Team
3x All-Defense

21/22 - 23/24 Jokic:

1x NBA champion
1x Finals MVP
2x MVP
1x All-NBA First Team

Jokic is great and he's been an inspiration for unathletic cans around the world but it's time to pull your heads out of your asses.

<36>

Back