Prime DC vs Current LHWs

I think he beats jan, rountree, most of the top 15 actually

I think he struggles with rakic but I would favour him, Rakic is too basic on the feet

I would probably favour jiri ankalaev and hill, jiri for his chin unpredictability and pace, ankalaev for his grappling ability and hill for his power and stubbornness. He will not care about the takedown threat so he will fight hard.

Pereira I don’t know cause we haven’t seen enough of his grappling at this point in his career

Plus most of these guys will have much better cardio than DC. People act like DC can just take people down for 25 minutes, he was very heavy and threw a lot of arm punches to conserve energy. Imagine making him grapple hard for that long

But I’m sure I’ll get a “do you even know mma bro?” Reply from someone
How many current lightheavyweights survive the pressure from DC? Cormier rarely had to go all five rounds because he broke people before that. When he needed to tho; he was fine. Look at the Josh Barnett fight.

You mean like Barnett? Are you high right now?
Barnett was like 40 pounds heavier than a guy like gustaffson, and DC was around the same weight at heavyweight except without a cut so of course he would have better cardio than barnett

1. The only current LHW that would give DC problems is Ankalaev. The rest are very favorable style matchups.
2. I wouldn't call the current LHWs particularly "massive." The champ spent most of the last decade at 185. Jiri plans to drop to 185. And Hill looks like he's 3 months pregnant.

Barnett was like 40 pounds heavier than a guy like gustaffson, and DC was around the same weight at heavyweight except without a cut so of course he would have better cardio than barnett

Do you even know who Barnett is?

Do you even know who Barnett is?
I know he’s a heavyweight that was almost at the divisional limit in his prime. When you fight a guy that is short and can make light heavyweight you will always have a cardio disadvantage

Back