Pro wrestling hot takes

If the under 6 foot guys I mentioned are such legends then why did they fail as champion? They had little to no charisma
It's not a video game where charisma automatically gives you a draw. It takes a decent storyline as well. Eddie was massively popular as Champ. But he was Champ for 4 months, not exactly a ton of time to really change things. Imagine if Cena in 2005 was only Champ for 4 months, and that was it, no other title runs. He'd have been an underwhelming draw too. All the guys you mentioned where solid. Bret got stuck in en era where interest as a whole was lost. Shawn was a douche but he did draw when he was with DX in his last run as Champ. Benoit was an amazing wrestler, but did lack charisma and mic skills. None of their size had anything to do with their success or failures lol. They all had the ability to work with it. Also, Bruno Sammartino was less than 6'.

And that's why Austin told Owen to not do the pile driver.

Of course Owen didn't listen. Big brother Bret was even pissed at him
Bret was more mad Owen didn't call him to check in on his state.

It's not a video game where charisma automatically gives you a draw. It takes a decent storyline as well. Eddie was massively popular as Champ. But he was Champ for 4 months, not exactly a ton of time to really change things. Imagine if Cena in 2005 was only Champ for 4 months, and that was it, no other title runs. He'd have been an underwhelming draw too. All the guys you mentioned where solid. Bret got stuck in en era where interest as a whole was lost. Shawn was a douche but he did draw when he was with DX in his last run as Champ. Benoit was an amazing wrestler, but did lack charisma and mic skills. None of their size had anything to do with their success or failures lol. They all had the ability to work with it. Also, Bruno Sammartino was less than 6'.
Eddie massively popular as champion? The guy was 5'6 and he didn't draw a dime

Eddie massively popular as champion? The guy was 5'6 and he didn't draw a dime
Eddie sold plenty of merch was over in both WCW and WWF/E. I was a huge fan and never expected him to reach the heights he did professionally. I actually disagree with having 5* manlets as top guys because what do you do witha Drew McIntyre if he loses to Adam Cole? How much of a bitch does he look like after that? But respeck on Eddie's name. I saw teenage kids wearing his shirt on the streets. That's as over as you can ask.

Eddie sold plenty of merch was over in both WCW and WWF/E. I was a huge fan and never expected him to reach the heights he did professionally. I actually disagree with having 5* manlets as top guys because what do you do witha Drew McIntyre if he loses to Adam Cole? How much of a bitch does he look like after that? But respeck on Eddie's name. I saw teenage kids wearing his shirt on the streets. That's as over as you can ask.
No, NWO, Sting, Goldberg did and for the WWF, Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker etc did. Eddie didn't draw a dime.

Drew is a tall guy he's like 6'3, Adam Cole is a joke

He didn't draw as champion for a reason so what charisma did he have?

What are the terms that make up being a “draw”.

If people show up, you drew. Did he bring in Hogan levels of revenue? No, but attendance, TV, and PPV still did well with Shawn Michaels on top. Even when WCW beat them in ratings, WWF still had good ratings and still destroyed WCW in PPV numbers.

So what is the definition of a draw? Just because he didn’t draw as big as Hogan before or Austin after doesn’t mean people weren’t there and not watching. He still drew.

What are the terms that make up being a “draw”.

If people show up, you drew. Did he bring in Hogan levels of revenue? No, but attendance, TV, and PPV still did well with Shawn Michaels on top. Even when WCW beat them in ratings, WWF still had good ratings and still destroyed WCW in PPV numbers.

So what is the definition of a draw? Just because he didn’t draw as big as Hogan before or Austin after doesn’t mean people weren’t there and not watching. He still drew.
If you sell out shows, draw big ratings, being the main attraction for successful PPV buyrates etc.

Cena, Hogan, Rock, Austin did this.

Flair, Billy Graham, Bruno their time was different because it was more about the territories but they sold out shows and drew big attendances. Flair for the NWA, Bruno and Billy for the wwwf

If you sell out shows, draw big ratings, being the main attraction for successful PPV buyrates etc.

Cena, Hogan, Rock, Austin did this.

Flair, Billy Graham, Bruno their time was different because it was more about the territories but they sold out shows and drew big attendances. Flair for the NWA, Bruno and Billy for the wwwf

Shawn Michaels literally did all of that as well. The attendance, PPV buyrates, and TV ratings are all available from when he was Champion. Monday Night RAW was one of the biggest shows on cable TV even before the Attitude Era boom and even when WCW Nitro was beating them. Shawn Michaels drew 60,000 people at the Alamodome in January 97 defending the belt against Sid lol

Shawn Michaels literally did all of that as well. The attendance, PPV buyrates, and TV ratings are all available from when he was Champion. Monday Night RAW was one of the biggest shows on cable TV even before the Attitude Era boom and even when WCW Nitro was beating them. Shawn Michaels drew 60,000 people at the Alamodome in January 97 defending the belt against Sid lol
When Shawn Michaels was champion, WCW were killing them in the ratings throughout 1996,

Wrestlemania 12 is the second worst bought PPV after Wrestlemania 13 in Mania history

When Shawn Michaels was champion, WCW were killing them in the ratings throughout 1996,

Wrestlemania 12 is the second worst bought PPV after Wrestlemania 13 in Mania history

WCW killing them in ratings doesn't mean WWF ratings were bad lol they were still one of the top shows on cable, hence people still watched. Hence what the word draw actually means.

Wrestlemania 12 sold 290,000 PPV's. Most anything in entertainment can't sell 290,000 PPV's.

I think you're legit confused at what the word draw means, you seem to think because he didn't draw -as much- as other people that it doesn't mean he was a draw.

Imagine trying to say somebody who filled a stadium with 60,000 people isn't a draw <lmao>

WCW killing them in ratings doesn't mean WWF ratings were bad lol they were still one of the top shows on cable, hence people still watched. Hence what the word draw actually means.

Wrestlemania 12 sold 290,000 PPV's. Most anything in entertainment can't sell 290,000 PPV's.

I think you're legit confused at what the word draw means, you seem to think because he didn't draw -as much- as other people that it doesn't mean he was a draw.

Imagine trying to say somebody who filled a stadium with 60,000 people isn't a draw <lmao>
Oh wow, you really don't have a clue about this topic, just say you weren't alive back then and we can call it there.

WWF Raw drew some of the worst ratings of 1996, in fact company history, WCW was the hottest promotion at the time due to the NWO Vs WCW angle, so let's pretend Hall, Nash and Hogan doesn't exist shall we? Fuck me lmao.

That's still not a good PPV buyrate, it's the worst buyrate in Mania history so I don't know why you're getting excited about the numbers when it's not good. Wrestlemania 11 did better numbers than this when Diesel was champion. Shawn was a part of some of the worst buyrates in company history. The lowest being One Night Only 97.

Throughout 1996, the WWF lost $6.51 million dollars when Shawn was champion.

I think you don't have an idea on what being a draw is. This is funny

Jim Cornette talks about the inflated Royal Rumble 1997 attendance and the tickets etc.

Oh wow, you really don't have a clue about this topic, just say you weren't alive back then and we can call it there.

WWF Raw drew some of the worst ratings of 1996, WCW was the hottest promotion at the time due to the NWO Vs WCW angle, so let's pretend Hall, Nash and Hogan doesn't exist shall we? Fuck me lmao.

That's still not a good PPV buyrate, it's the worst buyrate in Mania history so I don't know why you're getting excited about the numbers when it's not good. Wrestlemania 11 did better numbers than this when Diesel was champion. Shawn was a part of some of the worst buyrates in company history. The lowest being One Night Only 97.

Throughout 1996, the WWF lost $6.51 million dollars when Shawn was champion.

I think you don't have an idea on what being a draw is. This is funny

Bruh, you clearly don't have a clue about this topic. You think because someone didn't draw -as much- that they didn't draw. Millions of people were watching the show. Hundreds of thousands bought the PPV's.

Put it like this, Ric Flair never sold 290,000 PPV's, does that mean Ric Flair wasn't a draw? When Hulk Hogan was putting 20k in MSG, Ric Flair was putting 2k in the Savannah Civic Center, does that mean Ric Flair wasn't a draw?

You're legit trying to say that somebody that had millions of people watching the TV show, hundreds of thousands of people buying their PPV's, and filling a stadium "isn't a draw". <lmao> <lol> <lmao> <lol> <lmao> <lol>

Bruh, you clearly don't have a clue about this topic. You think because someone didn't draw -as much- that they didn't draw. Millions of people were watching the show. Hundreds of thousands bought the PPV's.

Put it like this, Ric Flair never sold 290,000 PPV's, does that mean Ric Flair wasn't a draw? When Hulk Hogan was putting 20k in MSG, Ric Flair was putting 2k in the Savannah Civic Center, does that mean Ric Flair wasn't a draw?

You're legit trying to say that somebody that had millions of people watching the TV show, hundreds of thousands of people buying their PPV's, and filling a stadium "isn't a draw". <lmao> <lol> <lmao> <lol> <lmao> <lol>
Ric Flair's era was different, it was about territories back in his heyday like what the fuck lol? The man drew some of the biggest attendances during his prime unlike Shawn who couldn't sell out a house show in the mid 90s. Shawn's time as champ was a disgrace the fans ejaculated over Sids title run

Ric Flair set a record at Memphis with Jerry Lawler back in 85 (which by the way didn't happen prior to Flair) but sure... He was the headliner at Texas Stadium which was close to 45,000 fans in the early 80s I can list more about Flair but I think you get the point

I don't know why you're getting upset by this when many people who worked for the company said Shawn wasn't a draw, it's been documented this isn't news at all. Jim Cornette, Triple H etc

Ric Flair's era was different, it was about territories back in his heyday like what the fuck lol? The man drew some of the biggest attendances during his prime unlike Shawn who couldn't sell out a house show in the mid 90s. Shawn's time as champ was a disgrace the fans ejaculated over Sids title run

Ric Flair set a record at Memphis with Jerry Lawler back in 85 (which by the way didn't happen prior to Flair) but sure... He was the headliner at Texas Stadium which was close to 45,000 fans in the early 80s.

I don't know why you're getting upset by this when many people who worked for the company said Shawn wasn't a draw, it's been documented this isn't news at all. Jim Cornette, Triple H etc

You know a big part of Ric Flair's career was in the PPV era throughout the 80's right? JCP was running PPV before WWF was. My point is Ric Flair wasn't drawing 290,000 PPV sales and you bring up house shows, which is another thing Ric Flair wasn't selling out either, hence why I brought up shows like 2k at the Savannah Civic Center, because there were hunrdeds of those surrounding the big shows you mentioned, kind of like the house shows Shawn Michaels may not have sold out, but still drew thousands to that surrounded his stadium show. None of this means Ric Flair wasn't a draw, just like it doesn't mean Shawn Michaels wasn't a draw.

Nobody is getting upset at anything, it's a discussion on a discussion forum. You're the only one throwing insults instead of actually showing you know what the word "draw" means and now turning to "u mad".

Also Jim Cornette's wife gave Shawn Michaels a blow job in a bathroom at Caesar's Palace.

Wonder why Jim Cornette never has a nice thing to say about him <lmao>

You know a big part of Ric Flair's career was in the PPV era throughout the 80's right? JCP was running PPV before WWF was. My point is Ric Flair wasn't drawing 290,000 PPV sales and you bring up house shows, which is another thing Ric Flair wasn't selling out either, hence why I brought up shows like 2k at the Savannah Civic Center, because there were hunrdeds of those surrounding the big shows you mentioned, kind of like the house shows Shawn Michaels may not have sold out, but still drew thousands to that surrounded his stadium show. None of this means Ric Flair wasn't a draw, just like it doesn't mean Shawn Michaels wasn't a draw.

Nobody is getting upset at anything, it's a discussion on a discussion forum. You're the only one throwing insults instead of actually showing you know what the word "draw" means and now turning to "u mad".

PPVs were just becoming the norm throughout the 80s and the WWF being a bigger promotion back then and you're talking about a national promotion Vs a territory even Hogan (who by the way believes Flair is the goat) said this when discussion who's the bigger draw. Flair was a territorial draw

Hahahaha Flair not selling out house shows oh dear, look there's no need for projection because your boytoy was an objective failure as champion unlike Flair.

NWA and WWF ran shows in Philly (Civic Center and Spectrum) on the same night and the NWA, headlined by Flair, drew a bigger house than the WWF, Flair sold out Tokyo Dome the Reunion Arena had a capacity of 19K audience.

Ric Flair headlined a show with Carlos Colon which drew 32k audience in 1983

You don't know what drawing means and you've demonstrated it enough times, imagine being this wrong but assuming you're right at the same time lmao

Also Jim Cornette's wife gave Shawn Michaels a blow job in a bathroom at Caesar's Palace.

Wonder why Jim Cornette never has a nice thing to say about him <lmao>
Jim Cornette has always praised Shawn, praised him as one of the all time great workers

Back