Social Question to former bartenders on here or current bartenders.

Do you accept ID that is photographed in a camera and shown to you though the phone?

I'm just wondering I saw these barely legal kids doing this at a bar just few days ago. All of them had their IDs on the phone.

Which I find suspicious, why not just bring the actual card? It's not that hard to bring your Driver license ID with you. It's very strange I've never seen that before.

I doubt cops would accept that if they were pulled over. Also you can also photoshop their ID's so why even bother using that as a legit source through the phone.

It seems highly suspicious. And the lady at the bar accepted too. So what do I know?

I would not have accepted this when I worked in a bottle shop.

Actually one time i knocked a kid back, he had a proof of age card but when i checked the date he wasn't 18 for a few days. I acknowledged how unlucky he was that I'd actually checked the date but still didn't serve him, he was devastated ha ha

I would not have accepted this when I worked in a bottle shop.

Actually one time i knocked a kid back, he had a proof of age card but when i checked the date he wasn't 18 for a few days. I acknowledged how unlucky he was that I'd actually checked the date but still didn't serve him, he was devastated ha ha
im confused with this since to get a proof of age card you need to have proof being listed below.

Full Australian birth certificateDriver licence or learner permit
PassportSecurity card
Naturalisation certificateCredit Card or bank passbook
Immigration papersMedicare card
Citizenship papers Shooters licence
Student ID

so this kid was issued a proof of age card by the RTA, post office or somewhere else despite not actually being 18? how shit of a job that person did that actually issued the card in the first place not checking the dates correctly. you think thats what happened, or am i interpreting this wrongly??

Theres different agencies that handle alcohol sells in each state. With different rules as to what is acceptable forms of identification.

I know in Texas, that it needs to be a physical copy. And the TABC frequently do sting operations where getting caught results in a fine and loss of your license to sell alcohol if they catch people not doing things properly.

Hope the internet doesn't shut off when you need to pay for something you cyborg.
Phones have NFC chips in them that send the same information a contactless card would. Battery is a bigger concern

im confused with this since to get a proof of age card you need to have proof being listed below.

Full Australian birth certificateDriver licence or learner permit
PassportSecurity card
Naturalisation certificateCredit Card or bank passbook
Immigration papersMedicare card
Citizenship papersShooters licence
Student ID

so this kid was issued a proof of age card by the RTA, post office or somewhere else despite not actually being 18? how shit of a job that person did that actually issued the card in the first place not checking the dates correctly. you think thats what happened, or am i interpreting this wrongly??

I should have been clearer, you can apply for the card like a month before your 18th bday and it can arrive before your actual birthday. This happened to me actually, I had my card about a week early.

As a former bouncer hell no

Even physical ID i would dramatically fondle with to ensure its realness and also to show my distrust towards client which was 99 percent of them

Threads like this one are forcing me to despise technology and hardware.

Anything is possible. Maybe I should change my avatar. I put Maul in my avatar 12 years ago.
Holy shit! I just noticed Maul…

All this time I just thought you were some religious freak, all I saw was a cross..

I had very high hopes for tales from the dark side with this thread, so fucking disappointed........ It's about ID wtf

Depends on the state but if it is a realistic looking ID you should be OK. You can get fined and held accountable if you knowingly serve minors using fake IDS, but not the easiest to prove. That is why it is important the quality of the ID and the resemblance to the person. In todays age, these kids get scannable laser printed licenses for 200 a pop.

I had a friend in college who made IDs.

Dude was a graphic art major and insanely talented.

He did it like the scene in Vegas Vacation. He made NJ, Vermont and Florida licenses, all about 4 foot by 6 foot and you would pose with your head in the little blue square in the bottom.

He had the right fonts and a special printer that would make the appropriate oversized letters, he had the codes correct so that even if a cop examined it that the numbers would match up. (Part of the DL # correlated to the persons eye color, height, etc)
And he hand painted the hologram on it.
He had the same film and cardstock and laminating equipment.

The things were PERFECT.

Honestly the fake IDs he made me looked better than the actual real ID I had from DMV.

In 1999 he was doing
1 for $100
2 for $150 (duplicate)

He would do groups of about 4-5 people at a time and he traveled around to a few different colleges the first few weekends of each year. He had his fraternity chapters set it up for him at other schools and he would give them a cut.

He was making thousands of dollars a weekend.

il_570xN.1409463854_patm.jpg

When we were teens, we would get beer from friends that worked at 7-11's or Beverage stores and we would use fake ID. Not good enough for adults to accept them. By me in NY now the kids go to the "vape stores" that sell beer. Like Everrgreen etc. They are often owned by Indian or Arab immigrants...These dudes get busted all the time because they sell to anyone that shows anything, kids as young as 12-13 lol. They truly don't give a fuck. They sell tobaccoo and booze, get busted, and open up a week later. I am not sure if the cops don't know who is who because there are so many owners, part owners, workers....but these dudes truly don't give a fuck.

I should have been clearer, you can apply for the card like a month before your 18th bday and it can arrive before your actual birthday. This happened to me actually, I had my card about a week early.
Ahh thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t aware of early applications. I just went to the RTA here in nsw (I think it’s called something diff in vic) on the day I turned 18.

Did it for a bit in my uni days, truly did not give a fuck about the job served anyone that walked in. A line of work im happy ill never have to do again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cauã masagão
Back