Movies Thoughts on obscure British actor turned Hollywood superstar Ed Skrein?

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
I watched his first ever movie when it first came out, written and directed by UK hip hop artist 'Plan B' in 2012, Ill Manors. A movie about hard drugs and prostitution.

A very talented actor, but I thought he'd go no where in acting from such an obscure British movie. He ended up being on Game of Thrones two years later, as Daario Naharis in the third season. However, he was replaced.

Since then he's rocked into Hollywood with breakout performances with Midway, the Transporter, Deadpool, Alita, Maleficent, and Rebel Moon.

Plan B's tweet and Ed Skrein's reply:

1715312213653.png

MV5BMzUwMThjY2YtNzgyOC00OTEwLWI4OWUtOWFkODk4ZjE3NWM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODEwMTc2ODQ@._V1_.jpg

D-Etvd0W4AERMMa

D-AE2MmWkAATc66

1715312949302.png

Last edited:
Good actor, but hasn't really had a chance to shine despite the blockbusters he's been in. Also, he hasn't aged a day since his first movie, handsome dude.

Always thought hes boring as shit in movies.Like a Jason Statham with no charisma

I thought he would do well just seeing him in Game of Thrones. Even though he looked less like Daario than the guy who replaced him. He had more charisma and his personality worked better for the character. Thought he killed it in Deadpool.

Superstar? Ya okay he is a superstar like a Sam Worthington or Taylor Kitcsch was touted as. Look how they ended up.

I could not even remember his name then I vaguely remembered he was the guy from Game of Thrones.

He kinda looks like Craig Jones. Not twins but Jones could be his stunt double.

I thought he would do well just seeing him in Game of Thrones. Even though he looked less like Daario than the guy who replaced him. He had more charisma and his personality worked better for the character.
He definitely did, but he wasn't replaced because they were unhappy, like they were with the original Mountain actors, but because he left to take on bigger projects. At the time, I remember a friend and I mocking that decision because why on earth would you leave the biggest show on earth? In hindsight, he kind of dodged a bullet, yeah?

Unfortunately, it was out of the frying pan, and into the incredibly boring fire. He hasn't done anything good since he left GoT except Deadpool. Maybe Alita could have been good, could have gotten somewhere worth going, but now we'll never know.

Back