Movies Twisters - (Coming July 19th, 2024) - Trailer Post #45

"While chasing a twister, Dr. Jo Harding was left a mess, barely escaping with her life. After years of reconstructive surgery, shes back ....but so are the...Twisters!!"

has-helen-hunt-had-plastic-surgery-ana.webp

I saw her in one of her more recent movies and the camera held on her face for an uncomfortably long period of time as she just sat there, and it was REALLY distracting. She almost doesn't look human. What the hell is wrong with just aging normally? She'd probably look 100x better if she never got any work done and just looked like herself but older.

The most unrealistic thing about the original film is that Bill Paxton would go for Hunt over Gertz. Are you fucking insane?! There's no way. Which is probably why they made Hunt as attractive as possible and gave Gertz a horrific haircut and accent.

Then again, Helen Hunt at her hottest was in What Women Want. Definite MILF there. Actually would bang.
<mma4>

I'm looking forward to the meltdown when the sequel talks about how much worse the twisters are now because of climate change.

This thread will be alive with rage.

I saw her in one of her more recent movies and the camera held on her face for an uncomfortably long period of time as she just sat there, and it was REALLY distracting. She almost doesn't look human. What the hell is wrong with just aging normally? She'd probably look 100x better if she never got any work done and just looked like herself but older.

The most unrealistic thing about the original film is that Bill Paxton would go for Hunt over Gertz. Are you fucking insane?! There's no way. Which is probably why they made Hunt as attractive as possible and gave Gertz a horrific haircut and accent.

Then again, Helen Hunt at her hottest was in What Women Want. Definite MILF there. Actually would bang.
<mma4>

Ya, they definitely fucked with Gertz looks in that movie. I woulda still taken her over Hunt though.

<mma4>
Ya, they definitely fucked with Gertz looks in that movie. I woulda still taken her over Hunt though.
Also how her character is written to be as annoying and shaken up as possible. Meanwhile, Helen Hunt drives into a tornado without a second thought. They stacked the deck against her bad

Original Twister was a pretty fun movie with a good cast (RIP Paxton, RIP Seymour Hoffman) but I don’t think anyone was clamoring for more Twister movies. I never even thought to give the original a second watch let alone to ask why they don’t make it a franchise.

Original Twister was a pretty fun movie with a good cast (RIP Paxton, RIP Seymour Hoffman) but I don’t think anyone was clamoring for more Twister movies. I never even thought to give the original a second watch let alone to ask why they don’t make it a franchise.
I always thought a sequel would be cool. Of course, the best time to do it would have been like 1998-2004 with the core cast returning, and the same director and writers. Not 2024 with a whole new cast, director, and writers.

Even the poster looks like shit:
1707712976147.png

CGI photoshop trash.

Why couldn't they go with something like this, to match the original:

(IMG too big so click the link to see)

I always thought a sequel would be cool. Of course, the best time to do it would have been like 1998-2004 with the core cast returning, and the same director and writers. Not 2024 with a whole new cast, director, and writers.

Even the poster looks like shit:
View attachment 1029030

CGI photoshop trash.

Why couldn't they go with something like this, to match the original:

(IMG too big so click the link to see)

it’s actually sort of shocking they didn’t make a sequel since the first one was a pretty massive hit.

On the plus side, Powell and Edgar Jones are good actors. Hopefully it’s a fun ride. That she best one can hope for.

I'm looking forward to the meltdown when the sequel talks about how much worse the twisters are now because of climate change.

This thread will be alive with rage.

Oh save it gramps. The fact they’re so pompous as to not even bring back any of the original cast is the reason this will flippity flop. It’s almost like they couldn’t grasp that is why Top Gun: Maverick was such a massive hit.

I think I might check it out but if it gets a 100% rating on RT I'll bounce lol

it’s actually sort of shocking they didn’t make a sequel since the first one was a pretty massive hit.

On the plus side, Powell and Edgar Jones are good actors. Hopefully it’s a fun ride. That she best one can hope for.
There's a ton of tornadoes that happen every year so I can see how a franchise could be built.

I hope this turns out to be a pleasant surprise, but realistically, based on most movies nowadays, it'll end up being a hollow shell of a movie; "Twister" in name only. The type of movie that's pretty meh and forgettable and makes you wish you were watching the original.

I'm betting we'll get a Hunt cameo. It's gonna happen.

Until the title had a plural sense, I figured it was a remake.

I liked the first when I saw it first, but was always aware how cheesy the storm chasers were and it took me out of it.

If Ram doesn’t do a product placement again then I’m out!
jdp_2023%20ram%202500%20heavy%20duty%20rebel%20red%20front%20quarter%20view.jpg

3326822149ea16c4e901b17_5710-jpg.2126

This movie single-handedly launched Dodge into actual competition with Ford and Chevrolet in truck sales instead of being a distant third.
To reply to myself, there were 3 Dodge Rams in the trailer. Hell yeah. I thought it looked great personally. I'm all in on Glen Powell being Tom Cruise-lite, the guy who's just having a good time and radiating charisma the entire movie.

Back