Rumored UFC 306 at the Sphere will be ONE AND DONE!!!

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
SOURCE: https://www.mmaweekly.com/news/ufc-events-never-returning-to-las-vegas-sphere

Following their inaugural event later this year, reports have surfaced suggesting that the UFC will never return for a second event at the Las Vegas Sphere.

UFC 306 is set to be a historic event in the sport of mixed martial arts. The pay-per-view will take place at the coveted Las Vegas Sphere and is expected to be one of the most unique events in the sport's history.

Although the event at the Sphere could be an innovative new addition to the UFC going forward, it may be a one and done for the promotion. The idea of only hosting one card at the venue was discussed during the recent TKO earnings call.

"It wasn't necessarily built for UFC events. And it will be a one and done. We will do it one and done. "

"That's what Dana White has told us and he's going to make it extra special."

I honestly have no clue what the UFC is going to do at the Sphere. Its not really set up for combat sports. Its not like you can have visuals playing while a fight is taking place. That would be too distracting. And lets be honest, its not like the UFC is known for its production values.

Here's some drone footage that gives a sense of the size of the place. There's a little stage down front

I honestly have no clue what the UFC is going to do at the Sphere. Its not really set up for combat sports. Its not like you can have visuals playing while a fight is taking place. That would be too distracting. And lets be honest, its not like the UFC is known for its production values.

Here's some drone footage that gives a sense of the size of the place. There's a little stage down front

now that's a SKILLED drone pilot to do that and not fly into anyone or anything. Especially in USA where everyone has a personal injury lawyer on speed-dial..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

My suspicion is....that it costs a helluva lot to rent The Sphere for an event and then there's the production costs for a unique venue. The Sphere event will probably cost UFC millions and millions to put on so expect stupidly inflated ticket prices. Nothing less than 4-figures in US$.

It's gonna be a special UFC event that is for sure and it will also garner a lot of publicity for the UFC, lots of new eyeballs will be watching so it's partly a marketing exercise for UFC (they will promote the crap out of it, globally am sure) and am sure that's why they're gonna Go For It on this production.

Last edited:
What makes it historic? Because there's a giant screen in the sky? So what? That's not enough to make it historic.

I'm sure they just realized how much more expensive it will be to put on an event there.

Back