Social Virginia school board votes to restore Confederate names

WokeWarrior

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
way to go everyone. I hope we are proud of ourselves.
This is progress right here baby.

stuff like this literally happens
but im the race baiter right .....yeah ok....."oh stop being divisive, your so woke, stop making everything
about race, whys everything about race" anyway round of applause.

Last edited:
Schools should restore education first

Virginia is among the aces at the forefront of of the effort to dismantle public education. And the quality of schools has been trash there for a long time. I moved there from Florida in the 90's, when Florida still had highly-rated public schools. It was a notable difference even to an 8th grader.

It appears the last school board pushed the change through with little to no imput from the parents. This was one of the reasons they were voted out. The new board members were voted in to make sure the parents had more input into decisions. It appears the vast majority of the parents wanted the names back. I'm not sure why it could be because it was a fuck you to the last school board that made thr change without involving them.

Whatever they got what they wanted and they live there not me.

I'm in favor of schools k-12 being named after the town they are in and if say more then one high school the street they are on or numbered.

Virginia is among the aces at the forefront of of the effort to dismantle public education. And the quality of schools has been trash there for a long time. I moved there from Florida in the 90's, when Florida still had highly-rated public schools. It was a notable difference even to an 8th grader.

Really?
"VirginiaVirginia has the fourth-best public schools overall in the United States, ranking fourth for quality and third for safety. Virginia public schools were found to have the fourth-highest math test scores in the country."

Really?
"VirginiaVirginia has the fourth-best public schools overall in the United States, ranking fourth for quality and third for safety. Virginia public schools were found to have the fourth-highest math test scores in the country."

They're currently pushing the privatization of the schools, so yes, really.

Who are you kidding no matter where you go if white people are around "you experience" the same.

Who are YOU kidding? I grew up in the South, Florida had some incidents but they weren't as bad as Virginia, where there were almost no Latinos. Less bad than Georgia, where my Mother and Cousins live, and less bad than Arkansas where my Uncle lived. All of whom are white, only one Cousin who is openly racist. Looked me dead in my face and said "I dont like naggers." He was confused as to why I'd find that statement undesirable, tried to explain to me that he meant "the bad ones."

Nevada is where I've personally experienced the least amount, and never been physically threatened.

Who are YOU kidding? I grew up in the South, Florida had some incidents but they weren't as bad as Virginia, where there were almost no Latinos. Less bad than Georgia, where my Mother and Cousins live, and less bad than Arkansas where my Uncle lived. All of whom are white, only one Cousin who is openly racist. Looked me dead in my face and said "I dont like naggers." He was confused as to why I'd find that statement undesirable, tried to explain to me that he meant "the bad ones."

Nevada is where I've personally experienced the least amount, and never been physically threatened.

It was your "experience" viewed through your idea of racism. Viewing your post history I'm sure some experiences were just that. However you see racism most everywhere in everything.

However as a "white" man I have no right to speak on racism because that would be "cultural appropriation". Your experiences would be the last word and anything else is, well racist.

So it being the 4th best in the nation means nothing, well according to you anyway.

It means nothing to Glenn Youngkin, whose entire campaign for Governor was based largely on an alleged crisis of wokeness in the schools, stirring parents into a frenzy over it. It means nothing to those who voted for him based on that despite any improvements made to the public school system since the 90's. Right now what's going on is an establishment of a voucher system, which does little more than re-direct critic public funding to private and religious institutions. I'd think if Virginians had half the confidence in their highly-ranked public schools as you do, that wouldn't be happening.

It was your "experience" viewed through your idea of racism. Viewing your post history I'm sure some experiences were just that. However you see racism most everywhere in everything.

However as a "white" man I have no right to speak on racism because that would be "cultural appropriation". Your experiences would be the last word and anything else is, well racist.

Dude you can speak on whatever the f*ck you want, you're literally doing the thing right now that you're crying about having no right to do. You can say whatever you want, but if you're going to attempt to tell me that I'm misinterpreting my own life experiences I'm going to tell you to get lost. As if I've never had a white guy tell me I'm somehow mistaken about racism I've personally before lol. That's a very common approach, the old "you're just an angry minority who thinks everything is racism" routine.

It means nothing to Glenn Youngkin, whose entire campaign for Governor was based largely on an alleged crisis of wokeness in the schools, stirring parents into a frenzy over it. It means nothing to those who voted for him based on that despite any improvements made to the public school system since the 90's. Right now what's going on is an establishment of a voucher system, which does little more than re-direct critic public funding to private and religious institutions. I'd think if Virginians had half the confidence in their highly-ranked public schools as you do, that wouldn't be happening.
He asked you a direct and pointed question
No need for the they/them/Glenn bs
It wasn’t a difficult question
You completely danced around it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yace
Back