Ngannou vs Verhoeven: Whou would in Boxing/Stand-up fight?

User9992

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Francis Ngannou vs Rico Verhoeven: Whou would in Boxing/Stand-up fight?

UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Ngannou

Glory Kickboxing Champion Rico Verhoeven

People overestimate kickboxing sometimes tbh. Obviously they're better strikers on average but we've seen Reem win K1 GPs, we've seen Cro Cop get knocked out by a 5'9 wrestler, Semmy moving from MMA to kickboxing and dominating etc etc. Nowadays its a much smaller sport than MMA too. I would favour Rico but wouldnt be shocked at all if Ngannou caught him and hurt him, especially in a pure boxing match.

He was already a freaking beast, so raw and green but terrifying,

I"ve noticed that fighters with a massive muscular backs like Deontay Wilder & Francis Ngannou hit the hardest

You know, Ngannou have zero chance in boxing against Elites, like not even worth watching, but in kickboxing, I'm not sure. Because in kickboxing, people like Bob Sapp, Hong Man Choi did pretty well, you know, and they were beasts back in the day, but Ngannou is as well. I'm not sure if Ngannou beats them head to head but yeah.

Verhoeven has very little power, and I don't see him finishing Ngannou, and actually Verhoeven recovers well but you can catch him too.

I'd pick Verhoeven in kickboxing, but you know, I'd maybe say Ngannou at +220 and Verhoven at -280.

People overestimate kickboxing sometimes tbh. Obviously they're better strikers on average but we've seen Reem win K1 GPs, we've seen Cro Cop get knocked out by a 5'9 wrestler, Semmy moving from MMA to kickboxing and dominating etc etc. Nowadays its a much smaller sport than MMA too. I would favour Rico but wouldnt be shocked at all if Ngannou caught him and hurt him, especially in a pure boxing match.
In K1 rules, his kicks, especially his signature inside kick to the rear leg would be effective.
In boxing rules, I don't see what he he can bring for Ngannou.

I think Francis wins in boxing. Both men don't really have a working jab. Francis has this pseudo pull back counter that he gets away with while being very squared because his arms are so long. Rico is basic with his boxing.

In kickboxing it's different game. Kickboxing has the 3 knockdown rule. It's a higher pace than traditional boxing or MMA. Kickboxing is combination fighting. Size wise they are the same.

You know, Ngannou have zero chance in boxing against Elites, like not even worth watching, but in kickboxing, I'm not sure. Because in kickboxing, people like Bob Sapp, Hong Man Choi did pretty well, you know, and they were beasts back in the day, but Ngannou is as well. I'm not sure if Ngannou beats them head to head but yeah.

Verhoeven has very little power, and I don't see him finishing Ngannou, and actually Verhoeven recovers well but you can catch him too.

I'd pick Verhoeven in kickboxing, but you know, I'd maybe say Ngannou at +220 and Verhoven at -280.

Anthony Johnson is quoted as saying he has the hardest punch he's ever felt. He might not rely on it... But it's there. And as I've said in the past. MMA guys have found it quite hard to carry their power over to Boxing or Kickboxing because of the stances and footwork.

I don't see how it's obvious that Rico wins that. We're not talking about geriatrics UFC strikers like Overeem or JDS. Rico has been hurt and has been finished several times. Ngannou hasn't.

Because he's a world champion kickboxer and Francis is the champion of another sport.

1 trains boxing + kicking
2 trains boxing + kicking + takedowns + takedown defense + throws + submissions + submission defense

Back