Ngannou vs Verhoeven: Whou would in Boxing/Stand-up fight?

Francis can't really box.
Just ignore that part.

Here's what people don't realize. In boxing, the better boxer wins 99% of the time because of the gloves. Upset KOs rarely occur. Power is just one part of boxing whereas in MMA striking, power is by far the biggest variable.

Rico is basic with his boxing.
Not really. He uses a style suited for Kickboxing, but he has a pretty diverse skill-set in Boxing. Defense alone he mixes a shell guard along with pull backs, slips and parries quite regularly. There is a reason why Tyson Fury continually uses him as a training partner over the years.

Kick boxing is a clown sport. If Verhoeven could be Ngannou standing up, he'd be in the UFC making millions. But he's stuck beating amateurs for 10k fight purses.
He makes more than 200k€ per fight in KB actually. Good try though.
Top 10 UFC heavyweights are earning more than him. We will see how much Overeem gets paid in his upcoming rematch against Hari compared to his UFC days.
Top5 maybe but not sure about top10, and how much more damage do they take? And are they getting all the sponsors and tv deals that Rico is getting in The Netherlands? :)
Both Rico and Badr earned a guaranteed 500k for their second fight if I recall correctly. On top of that they got PPV, tv-deals and sponsorship money. GLORY pays their stars/big names pretty damn good

BTW, GORO found this gem a while ago, the one and only fight of Ngannou in K1 rules:

He was already a freaking beast, so raw and green but terrifying,

Not terrifying at all. He looks like a rookie plus he’s fighting a midget

Rico should win but has a shaky chin and sus defense

Not good when fighting Ngannou
People overestimate kickboxing sometimes tbh. Obviously they're better strikers on average but we've seen Reem win K1 GPs, we've seen Cro Cop get knocked out by a 5'9 wrestler, Semmy moving from MMA to kickboxing and dominating etc etc. Nowadays its a much smaller sport than MMA too. I would favour Rico but wouldnt be shocked at all if Ngannou caught him and hurt him, especially in a pure boxing match.
with the greatest of respects the heavyweights aren’t all that good. 70kg and below no mma fighter csn touch a Kickboxer in kickboxing.

BTW, GORO found this gem a while ago, the one and only fight of Ngannou in K1 rules:

He was already a freaking beast, so raw and green but terrifying,

What's impressive is that only a month later after this kickboxing bout against Farid Naïr, Ngannou also fought Carlos Takam under boxing rules.
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Takam )
It counted as an exhibition match, but the guys still beat the shit out of each other apparently

Sadly, it was filmed by VXS TV, who did the fighting events from CANAL + (big French channel), and as people over the world start to know, France and martial arts that are not Judo aren't/weren't welcome on TV.

So they couldn't release the Takam/Ngannou exhibition, alongside more than 2 years worth of kickboxing & boxing events that they filmed but couldn't release.
2 of Ciryl Gane's Muay Thai bouts were part of that stock, which they finally put for free on their youtube channels 3 weeks ago =>

Gane's 4th opponent in Muay Thai fight that he fought twice in a row, Brandon Mobi

Honestly at first I thought it was Yann Kouadja, because they look a lot alike, and this youtube channel doesn't list the fighters, doesn't have commentaries, removes the entrances and when they cut to the decision, only Cyril's name is said out loud.
So you have to rely on spectators cheering and try to hear names...
Anyway, the Yann "Naraï" Kouadja was already on youtube, so I realized my mistake and tried to figured out who it could be...

By elimination, and since he looks a lot like him, I think it's Brandon Mobi.

This one I know, It's Daniel Lentie from Cameroun/Cameroon, who was Ciryl's last opponent in Muay Thai before he switch to MMA for good!

Good to finally see this fight

I don't know if they're sitting on the Ngannou/Takam exhibition for now? They promised a new dump soon, so we'll see

What's impressive is that only a month later after this kickboxing bout against Farid Naïr, Ngannou also fought Carlos Takam under boxing rules.
It counted as an exhibition match, but the guys still beat the shit out of each other apparently

Sadly, it was filmed by VXS TV, who did the fighting events from CANAL + (big French channel), and as people over the world start to know, France and martial arts that are not Judo aren't/weren't welcome on TV.

So they couldn't release the Takam/Ngannou exhibition, alongside more than 2 years worth of kickboxing & boxing events that they filmed but couldn't release.
2 of Ciryl Gane's Muay Thai bouts were part of that stock, which they finally put for free on their youtube channels 3 weeks ago =>

Gane's 4th opponent in Muay Thai fight that he fought twice in a row, Brandon Mobi

Honestly at first I thought it was Yann Kouadja, because they look a lot alike, and this youtube channel doesn't list the fighters, doesn't have commentaries, removes the entrances and when they cut to the decision, only Cyril's name is said out loud.
Anyway, the Yann "Naraï" Kouadja was already on youtube, so I realized my mistake and tried to figured out who it could be...

This one I know, It's Daniel Lentie from Cameroun/Cameroon, who was Ciryl's last opponent in Muay Thai before he switch to MMA for good!

I don't know if they're sitting on the Ngannou/Takam exhibition for now? They promised a new dump soon, so we'll see

Would love to see that Ngannou - Takam fight

Haaa I've spent a lot of effort searching for some videos or photos of Takam vs Ngannou. Would be awesome if you can find it.

All I heard about it is from a Takam interview, that it was supposed to be a friendly exhibition, then Takam worked him to the body a bit so Ngannou got pissed off and started throwing bombs.

Btw, there used to be a video a Gane vs Brice Guidon.
Brice Guidon isn't that famous out of France but he holds a win over none other than Rico Verhoeven.

Btw, there used to be a video a Gane vs Brice Guidon.
Brice Guidon isn't that famous out of France but he holds a win over none other than Rico Verhoeven.
Brice is pretty well known in the Kickboxing community, however the last 5 years of his career was really bad and he wisely stopped fighting 5 years ago. Rico was still on the green side when they fought.

2015 rico would smash the 2015 Frances and 2022 Frances
What about 2008 Rico vs 2098 Ngannou back from the future with neural implant and carbon nanotube proesthetics and 2019 Ngannou who flattened Rozenstruik in 15seconds?

What about 2008 Rico vs 2098 Ngannou back from the future with neural implant and carbon nanotube proesthetics and 2019 Ngannou who flattened Rozenstruik in 15seconds?
I wanna see that one

Kick boxing is a clown sport. If Verhoeven could be Ngannou standing up, he'd be in the UFC making millions. But he's stuck beating amateurs for 10k fight purses.
Funny how clowns like Adesanya and Pereira went trough the once golden division of the UFC like a knife on hot butter.

And both guys were not even top 5 p4p Glory talents at the time they were in Glory Kickboxing. Guys like Doumbé, Vakhitov, Grigorian, Levin or Petpanomrung were superior talent-wise

Funny how clowns like Adesanya and Pereira went trough the once golden division of the UFC like a knife on hot butter.

And both guys were not even top 5 p4p Glory talents at the time they were in Glory Kickboxing. Guys like Doumbé, Vakhitov, Grigorian, Levin or Petpanomrung were superior talent-wise
I respect your posts brother, but Alex Pereira was definitely a P4P top-fighter at the time of his reign.
Top 2 of Glory together with Doumbé.

Adesanya and Pereira can’t be compared.
Izzy’s legacy in kickboxing is nowhere near his, and the other greats you mentioned.
Though it’s very interesting he transitioned so well to MMA. It has to do with his “not so regular” fighting style I think…

It's quite the irony for a poster who has a nickname and an avatar of a WWE fighter to be calling Kickboxing a clown sport, lol.

If Kickboxing is a clown sport, how come the UFC Middleweight champ (Adesanya) is a Kickboxer who became UFC champ within 2 years, who's about to defend his title against another Kickboxer (Pereira) who's already fighting for the MW title within 1 year in the UFC, and the number 1 ranked UFC heavyweight (Gane) is a Kickboxer with 10 Muay Thai fights?

By the way, Verhoeven's fight purses are usually around 250,000€, more than most of the UFC roaster's fight purses.

Nice troll attempt though.

By the way, Verhoeven's fight purses are usually around 250,000€, more than most of the UFC roaster's fight purses.
It’s even more than that.
Both Rico and Badr earned a guaranteed 500k for their second fight if I recall correctly. On top of that they got PPV, tv-deals and sponsorship money. I guess their purse has only gotten better in that time.

Glory paid their fighters a total of €1.625 million last weekend (9 fights on the card).
I assume Badr and Reem took the lion’s share of that money. Also, this number doesn’t include PPV-points. A guess what PPV numbers Collision 4 did? The event was the lone big combat sports event that weekend so I guess a lot of MMA/boxing fans tuned in aswell.

It's quite the irony for a poster who has a nickname and an avatar of a WWE fighter to be calling Kickboxing a clown sport, lol.

If Kickboxing is a clown sport, how come the UFC Middleweight champ (Adesanya) is a Kickboxer who became UFC champ within 2 years, who's about to defend his title against another Kickboxer (Pereira) who's already fighting for the MW title within 1 year in the UFC, and the number 1 ranked UFC heavyweight (Gane) is a Kickboxer with 10 Muay Thai fights?

Nice troll attempt though.

bruh i havent watched mma for a long time but damn pereira is fighting for the title? I do remember when ufc folks made fun of adensaya and then pereira, lol.

wont watch but good for my boy Pereira.

Francis looks fucking massive compared to most dudes he fights at HW Lol. Francis Ngannou. Now that's a scary site.

Back