Tipping

15-20% is the standard for bars, restaurants, cabs. It can also depend on the restaurant - if you're going to a cheap diner and your meal only costs $5 - tipping less than a buck might be a little rude. That's just IMO - I'm generally a generous tipper but if I get bad service or a server with a bad attitude then I'll go bare minimum. As long as you tip the minimum it's not rude.

Everyone needs some Whisky every once in a while.

;)

Edit: Wow. She must have REALLY NEEDED IT. Fuck. 20 posts in two years, and comes bombing out of the corner at me. I'm a monster.

Edit 2: All of her posts are in three threads, all about food service.

I had to go look at that. Has to be the stangest thing I've seen on Sherdog. Why join a fight forum to post passionately about the food service industry? I liked that someone called her Beavis in a previous thread.

She did have some valid points, imo. She really didn't defend servers. just made some counter points to your posts. Not as bad as it seemed. just a little long.
She is passionate though, isn't she? (It's cool for me.)

I couldn't read it all. I saw that she was trying to explain bad service and point obvious flaws in that service. It was odd is all. Huge WR-esque posts. I keep seeing posters randomly jumping Whisky's bones and find it odd and entertaining as well.

I find it funny how outraged people get over this issue. I can't help but to say my piece.

The food service workers complaining all day are not helping their cause for getting better wages so they can depend less on tips. At the same time, consumers belittling servers and boldly pointing out how they tip the minimum, are not helping their image of being bad people. I can safely say I see both sides of the argument and pretty much both are right.

But man is this fun to watch.

15-20% is the standard for bars, restaurants, cabs. It can also depend on the restaurant - if you're going to a cheap diner and your meal only costs $5 - tipping less than a buck might be a little rude. That's just IMO - I'm generally a generous tipper but if I get bad service or a server with a bad attitude then I'll go bare minimum. As long as you tip the minimum it's not rude.

Three years ago, I went to a Denny's at about 11 pm. The waitress was so rude to her table that I was uncomfirtable. Obviously she hated her job and was pissed that she was serving foreigners and was just plain mean.
I actually went back the next day and talked to the manager about it and he didn't care at all. Completely blew me off. I told him that I owned a restaurant 4 miles from his and we are sort of competitors (completely different neighborhood though) but this woman was so out of line that I was so mad about it that I thought that I should tell him even though we are competitors.
He still blew me off.
That's why you should go to a place like mine. Mom and Pop.

15 to 20 is kool
more is greatly appreciated
none is a dick move its nothing to get your panties in a knot about though

My old roommate's woman was a Chili's waitress. She made some serious cash. At the time I was at $18/hr truck driving and she picked up the slack when him and I would dick around with our money too much. We had to listen to her though. I'll never date a waitress based on hearing that bitch talk about work.

Just base it on what you get for service. If its terrible don't tip, if its alright and nothing over the top tip 10-15%. If its over the top service 15-20% I never tip more then 20%, because they are making 9-10$ an hour here already in Canada. I usually will tip a little more too if i know the tips are being dispersed among the cooks, dishwashers, etc..

My buddy is the manager of a Montana Mike's. He often comps meals for my family. When he does, I do my best to estimate what the bill would have been, and give it all to the waiter.

If I ever had you for a waitress after reading this post I would tip you a bag of my shit.

tumblr_lsrjkb151B1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

I tip 15%. That's it.

If the service is INCREDIBLE I'll tip more but that's what I tip on every bill, I don't give a fuck about it being over this or over that. The fact that you said "51 - 100" should be a 20% tip is crazy. 15% is more than generous enough.
Do your fucking job and be thankful for the money people hand out to you that they don't have to pay you if they choose not too.

You wanna judge people for not tipping go fuck yourself. Nothing in this world says you ought to be tipped for this job except you. Waiters and waitresses are NOT the hardest working people in this world. Nurses, miners, factory workers, they're getting saddled with right to work laws and losing their benefits every day. Wages are getting lower and lower for the hardest working people in our society and you, who contribute nothing except bringing people their fucking food, YOU EXPECT a tip??

All this extra money you just expect for doing your job is total nonsense. You wanna start a union and get paid more money I'm all for it. You expect me to help you pay for your life cause I want to eat at a restaurant then go fuck yourself.
Bums beg for money I don't have to give them anything either.

If I ever had you for a waitress after reading this post I would tip you a bag of my shit.

tumblr_m8bjtp1Kkm1ro7s54.gif

The cliffs
1) If a server gives you a refill without asking, it is BAD. They should offer but not automatically give you a refill.
2) Waiting tables is more complicated than most people think.
3) Late food is most always the fault of the wait person and not the kitchen.
4) NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!! YOU COULD BE WRONG!
5) Whisky is wrong. About everything. And a liar.
6) And he knows it.
7) Letting a customer keep their coupon to use again is STEALING FROM THE COMPANY!
8) She really has a thing for all caps and exclamation points.
9) THOU SHALT NOT STEAL! And YOU’RE FIRED!
10) Married straight female, 35.
11) She waited ten minutes for a Coke once, NOT FAIR!
12) She’s been eating out with her hubby since 2000. Once a waiter gave her hubby someone else’s plate, this waiter is DUMB AND LAZY!

Last edited:
The cliffs
1) If a server gives you a refill without asking it is BAD. They should offer but not automatically give you a refill.
2) Waiting tables is more complicated than most people think.
3) Late food is most always the fault of the wait person and not the kitchen.
4) NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!! YOU COULD BE WRONG!
5) Whisky is wrong. About everything. And a liar.
6) And he knows it.
7) Letting a customer keep their coupon to use again is STEALING FROM THE COMPANY!
8) She really has a thing for all caps and exclamation points.
9) THOU SHALT NOT STEAL! And YOU

While I understand what you are saying, but a lot of people don't care about money, because if they did, they would check their bill and in most cases, A LOT of customers do NOT read their bill. Also, if I want something, I don't give a care if it's a couple of dollars more, because that's what I want. So I really don't agree with your logic. You still should have had permission from your manager to do that. Also, what a IRRESPONSIBLE dumb manager that you had to not have you put the coupons with your register z-out(assuming that you had some sort of thing like I did when I worked at a donut shop/diner that you had the register tally up all the sales for the shift). I had to include any coupons, checks, video poker tickets, etc. I also once didn't know because NO ONE TOLD ME some man gave me another video poker ticket from another place of business. Luckily it was only $10 and they made ME responsible for getting that $10 back from the restaurant that had originally had it, which my mom did at the time since I was only 21yrs old still living at my parents house at the time(I am 35yrs old now). My point is, my manager if we were short, they'd take it out of our checks after like $2 or $3 can't remember. Also, you HAD to include any coupons or anything like that.

I truly don't agree that people spent more, because you still underrang items since you didn't include the coupon in your register.

It's possible you could have made more money for the restaurant, but it wasn't YOUR CALL to make since you weren't a manager. If I were a manager, I would have FIRED you ON THE SPOT for doing something without my consent EVEN IF it made more money for the restaurant, it's not up to YOU without permission. If you would have asked permission and you thought it would make more money, then I would have let you do it to see and if it did work, fine, but you would have had MY PERMISSION if I were a manager. I would have fired you for doing something like that. It honestly makes people not spend as much because I don't care if something is $5 more or whatever, I want what I want and don't give a care. What you did it for was that you did it to make more money on your tip, which you did it at the expense of the restaurant to steal from them. You are in the wrong, sorry, you are!!

THOU SHALL NOT STEAL!

hey, i know it wasn't cool to do to my boss. neither is not charging refills when your table orders a shitload of soft drinks. but thems the beats in the tipping world.

usually what happened was, if they gave me a good tip and then asked if i needed the coupon, i would just say "don't worry about it". if it was a shitty tip i'd say "yeah, i'm gonna need it". I never handed them back the coupon.

the first pizza place i worked at, my boss was on his game and i would never try something like that. The 2nd, my boss was really lax about that shit, so i took advantage of it. If it ever got hairy, i'd just play dumb and pay the difference.

Back