Tipping

Yeah well bars are also notorious for selling water down drinks and charging for top shelf liquor while using bottom shelf liquor in their mixed drinks

How is this argument a defense against theft?

In a restaurant, the wife and I will usually start at 15% and it goes up or down depending on service. I've never not tipped, it just fluctuates. Bad service and it'll be around 10% because you had to bring us our food and deal with people. One time, we had a waitress that was just...nice. Not "nice trying to get a bump" but just nice. The bill was 33.00 and the wife tipped her 20.00 on top of the 6.00 I left her. No idea why but that lady got almost 100%.

It's not BS and I PROVED YOU WRONG!! You have ZERO to prove me wrong and you know it, that's why you are mad. Even had a person on here agree, because it's the GOD'S TRUTH!!

Most of the time servers wait too long to put in your orders or put in orders wrong or bring out obviously wrong things or forget to put in orders or forget to bring things. Luckily, we haven't EVER had food drop from a server's hands on the floor that we saw of OUR OWN FOOD, but it's possible.

Lol. Do you even like MMA or did you just sign up to debate about food service? I'm pretty sure they have forums for that.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, per se... but spending time and going out of his way to make sure he conforms to as much as possible is a pretty good example of sheep mentality; just calling it what it is.

He's just being polite, it's a shame more travellers aren't like him.

But most servers DO NOT TRY THEIR BEST as I have stated like the waiter that handed off the tray off the tray jack we *SAW* he didn't compare his written order to which table had what food.

That's the point IDIOT that MOST SERVERS DO *NOT* TRY THEIR BEST, THEY DON'T, THEY ARE LAZY AND DON'T *CARE* about WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY FEEL ENTITLED RATHER THAN CARING about what they are doing.

People are human, they have bad days, they get distracted, nobody is perfect. You can give your best effort and still slip up. Judging an individual over one incident is very pretentious. And to stay on topic, it is perfectly alright to tip accordingly if the experience was bad due to the waiter. Service is just as important as the food to the dining experience.

He's right--that is theft.

Same with the dudes who say they tip or tip extra when bartenders "comp" them free drinks. They then tip the price of the drink, lol... so all that really ended up happening is the customer paid for the drink, the bartender pocketed the cash and the bar owner got the shaft. That's a clear example of theft. And the aggressive tippers that so proudly talk about this are eagerly and actively participants of the theft. So much for their moral high ground...

You me "she", that's ok.

Anyway, the theft though is the bartender, NOT the customer and you don't always pay the full price for the drink like for example, let's say the bartender gives me a $7 margarita free, giving them $3 or $4 extra dollars isn't paying for the drink completely, almost like half-price and the bartender is the person responsible for ringing the FULL price up in the register, NOT the customer. The customer paid what bill they were given and they can't force the bartender to ring up the correct item.

Also, it's not my job as the customer to tell my bartender or server they didn't charge me for something nor is it my job if they overcharged me as well. That's the job of the server or bartender to do things correctly like that. If there is an underringing going on purpose or even not on purpose as the customer it's not stealing to not tell the bartender or server, because we aren't the ones underringing the items in the computer or register, they are. If the server or bartender wants a good tip, if I am undercharged they won't inconvenience me with fixing it, if anything, they should comp something for my inconvenience from the manager or if not the manager out of their own pocket a coke off the bill or something like that if they are going to make me be held hostage fixing the bill whether it's an undercharge or an overcharge. It's not my doing. It's THEIR doing and it's *THEIR* theft or if it's done not on purpose like if they forgot to put something on the bill or they overcharged me by accident, that's not on me, that's on THEM. I am not the person that is supposed to baby-sit them on their every move if they do the job correctly or not. It's not theft on my account, it's theft on *THEIR* account whether it's underringing for the restaurant or overcharging on the customer if it's on purpose. If it's by accident, well it's not theft, it's a mistake, but it's not theft on the customer if they notice they haven't been charged for something, because that's not our job to tell them. I just leave more when I am not charged. If I had to be inconvenienced, they would get stiffed, so I think they'd rather have a good tip and if they figure it out, they can pay it out of at least part of the tip we gave if it's not the full amount of the drink or they may not notice it at all, not my issue, that's theirs. They work there and I am not going to be unhappy in my service because they messed up. If I have to wait there for an undercharge when we have had many overcharges over the years we waited to get fixed, I would be LIVID, even with a comp, my time is worth more than that and I am NOT going to sit there waiting for the server or bartender to fix the check for an undercharge, it ain't happening. I leave a bit more(unless the service was very horrible) and move on. They may not notice it, I don't care. Not my issue. I am not there to be inconvenienced. If they want a good tip, they have to provide good service and if I have to wait to leave, I am not getting good service. It's not theft on our account, it's theft on the server's or bartender's account unless it is unintentionally, even though, not theft on our account if something is not on the bill or under priced.

Lol. Do you even like MMA or did you just sign up to debate about food service? I'm pretty sure they have forums for that.

But the guy said things that aren't true. Most of the time when you wait for your food a long time it's due to your server and that IS the GOD'S TRUTH!!

Also, it's not good service to everybody to get refills without being asked. I HATE IT! That's an OPINION.

But the guy said things that aren't true. Most of the time when you wait for your food a long time it's due to your server and that IS the GOD'S TRUTH!!

Also, it's not good service to everybody to get refills without being asked. I HATE IT! That's an OPINION.

Do you know anything about MMA though? It's a little weird that you joined this forum just to talk about food. Are you part of the Culinary Workers Union trying to ban UFC?

Do you know who Randy Couture is?

Do you know anything about MMA though? It's a little weird that you joined this forum just to talk about food. Are you part of the Culinary Workers Union trying to ban UFC?

Do you know who Randy Couture is?

I have NO CLUE OF WHAT you are talking about? What is MMA? What is UFC? What is a Culinary Workers Union? Who is Randy Couture?

What does this have to do with this topic?

I have NO CLUE OF WHAT you are talking about? What is MMA? What is UFC? What is a Culinary Workers Union? Who is Randy Couture?

What does this have to do with this topic?

Are you some kind of moran?

Do you even lift?

Stay on topic. This topic is tipping.

This is you.

32347265.jpg

easiest way to get good service from a server? especially in a tourist city like vegas? dont be european or black. 95% of all servers pre-judge their clients based onwhat they THINK you are going to tip. those 2 groups are almost always the worst tippers. its funny how we used to fight for tables as servers, but as soon as we heard an accent we were volunteering to give it away.

families with kids sucked too. you know those kids are gonna make a mess. with black tables though, i would try pretty hard because when there were exceptions to the poor tipping, they would tip really well. so 90% of the time they would tip you shitty, 10% they would tip huge. but one thing that is 100% certainty with black tables is they will not just order off the menu. they will want it modified in some way to make it a special order. also, they will run the fuck out of you. you will work harder on that one table than you do on your other 3 tables combined

easiest way to get good service from a server? especially in a tourist city like vegas? dont be european or black. 95% of all servers pre-judge their clients based onwhat they THINK you are going to tip. those 2 groups are almost always the worst tippers. its funny how we used to fight for tables as servers, but as soon as we heard an accent we were volunteering to give it away.

families with kids sucked too. you know those kids are gonna make a mess. with black tables though, i would try pretty hard because when there were exceptions to the poor tipping, they would tip really well. so 90% of the time they would tip you shitty, 10% they would tip huge. but one thing that is 100% certainty with black tables is they will not just order off the menu. they will want it modified in some way to make it a special order. also, they will run the fuck out of you. you will work harder on that one table than you do on your other 3 tables combined

Wow, just wow :eek:

I agree with not wanting to wait on families with kids, but...

Wow, just wow :eek:

I agree with not wanting to wait on families with kids, but...

it isnt meant to be racist in any way. i am just stating from my experiences. i waited on tables for years. i could sugarcoat it or just lie, but why? any other server who is not lying to you will say the same thing. europeans have the built in excuse of thats not how they do it in their country. well, thats fine. but dont be surprised when servers making just over $2 an hour arent stoked to have you sit at their tables for 3 hours, have a tab of $200 and then get a tip of $3.

as for the black tables, i am not saying it is right or wrong, its just how it is. i first waited tables at 16 and did it off and on for over 15 years at restaurants ranging from red lobster to fancy super expensive restaurants and it was always like that whether it was north carolina, tennessee, michigan or nevada. place or expense made no difference

as for the families, the worst place was in tennesse where kids ate free. fuckers would come in with 4 kids, so 6 total. tear up the place and have a tab of $20. you get 15% ($3) and spend half an hour cleaning up the destruction afterwards

Last edited:
Back