Tipping

lol use of the word blacks in this thread. My white friend's last name is Black and the banter gets out of hand when I visit him and his family. They even have The Blacks on their mailbox.

When I was getting tipped if the culture didn't tip I didn't get one. Americans of all race tipped, certain Asian cultures don't and that's fine. I was in a tourist trap in Alaska I saw everything. If I heard Southern accents I ran to serve them, ole boys throw down some cash.

some black people gave me a quarter, some gave me excessively large tips. same as whites. it's those god damn chinese you gotta worry about.

nah, jk. chinese people were fine too.

it was the indians that tipped poorly. not joking this time.

ok, ok. yeah i am.

or am i?

We called black people "canadians" at the restaurant I worked at.

Canadians didn't tip, but were considerably lower maintenance than the hipster vegan granola moms.

This was inner SE Portland, Oregon.

(naw bro it's cool- I've got Canadian friends. The Canadian and half Canadian servers I worked with started it)

honestly my best tips were from the chicks i wanted to bang the hardest. hot chicks tip well, or they just wanted my wang.

wish i had a cool story to go with this but it never happened.

honestly my best tips were from the chicks i wanted to bang the hardest. hot chicks tip well, or they just wanted my wang.

wish i had a cool story to go with this but it never happened.

It happened. They were just underage.

I worked at huge irish joint a few blocks away from Wall street. Those cats would tip because their income was their identity and they wanted everyone to know it. Even if they drank Johnny Walker Black and did bumps in the bathroom at lunch and lost $100,000 when they got back on the floor they still came back to drink it off at happy hour and tipped well.

$750 on $1,300 tab was my record. I even called the dude the next day to make sure it was cool with it cause he was a reg and drunk when he signed it.

I tip almost everybody as long as they do a decent job. I especially tip the people more at a bar or restaurant that I'm a regular at.

For example

I go to the Friday's near my job almost every sunday to watch football on my lunch break. We also go to that same Friday's for work gatherings or parties or whatever. We had our christmas party there last week.

The bar staff is always awesome and we're pretty much on a first name basis with all of them. A couple months back we had a get together there. I ordered beers and drinks for so many fine ass female coworkers, I can't even remember the exact amount. I just remember dreading the check (everyone who's spent time at a bar knows the feeling).

I got the check back and it was $22. I know for a fact that the amount of alcohol I consumed was definitely in the $60-80 region. I left the girl $35.

Today I went there just to watch some more football and stuff with a couple friends. I had 2 beers, a soda, and an appetizer. My check was $4.98. I gave her $20 bucks and told her to have a good christmas.

I tip them well because they're genuinely cool people and they always make sure I'm served fairly quickly. They knock drinks off the bill all the time. They deserve it and I'm grateful.

With that being said they're was 1 or 2 situations at different places where I left no tip at all, because the waiter was such an asshole that he didn't deserve it.

You tip for good service and because you want to establish a good relationship as a customer with the people there, especially if it's a place you frequent.

We called black people "canadians" at the restaurant I worked at.

Canadians didn't tip, but were considerably lower maintenance than the hipster vegan granola moms.

This was inner SE Portland, Oregon.

(naw bro it's cool- I've got Canadian friends. The Canadian and half Canadian servers I worked with started it)

Did you know that Canadians couldn't vote before 1867? It may shock you in today's society but before 1867 Canadians weren't recognized by any government as human beings.

It was only from the efforts of John A Macdonald, a Scottish-born Canadian, that Canadians everywhere were able to gain political recognition. If it were not for his effort Canadians would still be fur trapping for their English slave drivers.

However, even today Canadians are unfairly prejudiced against. The word "Canuck" is often spoken without regard for those who it offends. Much like the Cleveland Indians or Washington Redskins, even professional sports ignores the impact the word Canuck has on Canadian society.

Canadians are no different from any other race. They are an intelligent and proud people deserving of the respect like any other. The inclusion of Canadians into society proper is for the benefit of all of humanity. All humans are equal under God, and so why should you find Canadians any different?

Did you know that Canadians couldn't vote before 1867? It may shock you in today's society but before 1867 Canadians weren't recognized by any government as human beings.

It was only from the efforts of John A Macdonald, a Scottish-born Canadian, that Canadians everywhere were able to gain political recognition. If it were not for his effort Canadians would still be fur trapping for their English slave drivers.

However, even today Canadians are unfairly prejudiced against. The word "Canuck" is often spoken without regard for those who it offends. Much like the Cleveland Indians or Washington Redskins, even professional sports ignores the impact the word Canuck has on Canadian society.

Canadians are no different from any other race. They are an intelligent and proud people deserving of the respect like any other. The inclusion of Canadians into society proper is for the benefit of all of humanity. All humans are equal under God, and so why should you find Canadians any different?

Joseph smith said canadians refused to take part in the war between Jesus and Satan so they were cursed to live in the great white north: (2:00 in)

Edit: ahoy Sam merlette! I'm sailin too. Rough waters ahead...

I tip almost everybody as long as they do a decent job. I especially tip the people more at a bar or restaurant that I'm a regular at.

For example

I go to the Friday's near my job almost every sunday to watch football on my lunch break. We also go to that same Friday's for work gatherings or parties or whatever. We had our christmas party there last week.

The bar staff is always awesome and we're pretty much on a first name basis with all of them. A couple months back we had a get together there. I ordered beers and drinks for so many fine ass female coworkers, I can't even remember the exact amount. I just remember dreading the check (everyone who's spent time at a bar knows the feeling).

I got the check back and it was $22. I know for a fact that the amount of alcohol I consumed was definitely in the $60-80 region. I left the girl $35.

Today I went there just to watch some more football and stuff with a couple friends. I had 2 beers, a soda, and an appetizer. My check was $4.98. I gave her $20 bucks and told her to have a good christmas.

I tip them well because they're genuinely cool people and they always make sure I'm served fairly quickly. They knock drinks off the bill all the time. They deserve it and I'm grateful.

With that being said they're was 1 or 2 situations at different places where I left no tip at all, because the waiter was such an asshole that he didn't deserve it.

You tip for good service and because you want to establish a good relationship as a customer with the people there, especially if it's a place you frequent.

When I go to a new bar I usually slip the bartender something extra when I place my order for the first round. This tells them that if they look after me, I'll look after them. My drinks are brought over speedily and sometimes the bartender will call me from the back of the line to take my order before the people who were in front of me. This works well to impress the ladies.

You generally only tip in restaurants that have servers who bring your food to you. Tip about 15-20% of the cost of your meal.

Tip percentage is the same wherever you go.

pretty much this

no retail stores, just restaurants, valets, service ppl

Where the hell is this? $4.98?

Just an update from something I posted about in here:
yesterday we had five tables come in literally at once. No other ticket on the board at the time. Two three tops and three two tops. The two waitresses alternate tables when their is only two of them.
Now the one waitress is the only one who consistently asks us where her food is and that her table is getting mad. Well, guess what I observed her doing?
She put three orders in at once. She got the first table then went to the next table and after that went to the next table.
I was nice but explained that what she was doing was against company policy. I explained that her first table had to wait and that the other server got her tix in before her even though her first table was there before everyone else. I also told her that at least 75% of the time it is the servers fault whenan order takes too long.
I also told her that we know now why she is the only server who has customers getting mad because their food took too long on a consistent basis.
I told her if she needed to save time to get faster on the pos system.

I worked at huge irish joint a few blocks away from Wall street. Those cats would tip because their income was their identity and they wanted everyone to know it. Even if they drank Johnny Walker Black and did bumps in the bathroom at lunch and lost $100,000 when they got back on the floor they still came back to drink it off at happy hour and tipped well.

$750 on $1,300 tab was my record. I even called the dude the next day to make sure it was cool with it cause he was a reg and drunk when he signed it.

haha, props on ensuring that the dude wanted to give you that much of a tip.

Back