Opinion Vatican blasts gender-affirming surgery, surrogacy and gender theory as violations of human dignity

Horseshit. Nobody is saying "they shouldn't exist". Who here is saying ADULTS should be stopped from doing whatever they want to their bodies? Objectively, they're mentally ill people mutilating themselves. But at the same time nobody should be forced to "affirm" their delusions. Look at the latest legislation in Scotland to see how that can be abused.

Can you show me a post of mine where i said ADULTS should be stopped from cutting pieces from their bodies if they choose to? because if you can't you're at the very best strawmanning, at the very worst, openly lying.

Maybe you should start using your brain to formulate replies before regurgitating canned slogans.

So your main issue, which seems to be rather vitriolic and aggressive, is that you have to call a trans person a woman/man?

That's it?

Fuck me, get a life 🤣

If I've got it wrong again, it's because it's hard to make head nor tail of whatever your rampantly raging on about.

So your main issue, which seems to be rather vitriolic and aggressive, is that you have to call a trans person a woman/man?

That's it?

Fuck me, get a life 🤣
And your main issue, which seems to be rather limp and pathetic, is that my posts trigger you?

Get a life LMAO.

And your main issue, which seems to be rather limp and pathetic, is that my posts trigger you?

Get a life LMAO.

It's a forum called the War Room.

If you didn't want a reply, you wouldn't post here.

I'm just giving you what you want, and you're giving me what I want.

<Fedor23>

It's a forum called the War Room.

If you didn't want a reply, you wouldn't post here.

I'm just giving you what you want, and you're giving me what I want.

<Fedor23>
no thanks, i can do without.

Vatican can say this but they're cool with gay marriage and have been pushing perennialism. RCs a bunch of demons.

Vatican can say this but they're cool with gay marriage and have been pushing perennialism. RCs a bunch of demons.
What? Vatican is not "cool with gay marriage". It still has a ban on gay marriage, they're just allowed to "bless" gay couples. No gay marriage allowed in the catholic church. in the orthodox it's even more strict. no gay nothing (they still most likely buttfuck each other a lot though).

Lot of people here have never been to Thailand

What? Vatican is not "cool with gay marriage". It still has a ban on gay marriage, they're just allowed to "bless" gay couples. No gay marriage allowed in the catholic church. in the orthodox it's even more strict. no gay nothing (they still most likely buttfuck each other a lot).
Yeah blessing it is giving it a big ol thumbs up. Also, Orthodoxy is the historical church and has nothing to do with RCs and their Vatican 2 nonsense.

I thought the current pope was cool with all the recent changes and going ons? He really seemed like he was going to go against everything the church previously rail against. Wonder why he is doing an about face?

I thought the current pope was cool with all the recent changes and going ons? He really seemed like he was going to go against everything the church previously rail against. Wonder why he is doing an about face?
he's never been the church theologian. his doctrine is laughable if your read his writings. it doesn't elevate above the twitter shitposter level. ratzinger was the intellectual backbone even when he was pope emeritus. after he died there's probably been a bit of a reshuffle and i imagine bergoglio was summoned to a small dark room and told he can do his feet washing nonsense but the doctrine of the church and its stand on degeneracy is firm.

They shouldn't force anything on anyone, but they are allowed to exist.

You're just doing what you think they're doing by insisting everyone follows your nonsense rules and conforms to whatever you can cope with.

That's retarded, dude.

Nobody should force anyone to do or not do whatever they wish with their own bodies - as adults, of course.

Part of this might mean addressing your own preconceived notions of what all trans people are 'trying to force'. You might just be more of a zealot than most trans people who keep to themselves. In other words, you're likely a bigger problem than many of 'them'.
How is anyone stopping them from existing?

he's never been the church theologian. his doctrine is laughable if your read his writings. ratzinger was the intellectual backbone even when he was pope emeritus. after he died there's probably been a bit of a reshuffle and i imagine bergoglio was summoned to a small dark room and told he can do his feet washing nonsense but the doctrine of the church and its stand on degeneracy is firm.
Ahh that makes a bit of sense. Not a religious guy, so don't really follow what the church does and does not like all too much. Just kept hearing a lot of PO'd Roman Catholics when it came to this fella.

Ahh that makes a bit of sense. Not a religious guy, so don't really follow what the church does and does not like all too much. Just kept hearing a lot of PO'd Roman Catholics when it came to this fella.
i'm a nonbeliever, but i find the politicking of a 2000 year old institution to be quite fascinating. it's a tremendously complex environment.

It's not an about face if you dig into the principles they're applying here. The line in the sand seems to be the difference between treating differences with dignity vs. embracing differences that run contrary to one man and woman for sex and procreation.

Surrogacy is a good example here. The problem with it from the perspective I just laid out is that it's no longer one man and one woman. It's the father, the mother, and the 3rd party who is carrying the child. 3 people to produce a child would be a no-no.

Gender affirming care and theory is similar. The church might say treat trans people with dignity, the same way you treat anyone with mental illness with dignity. But they can't support trans advancement theories and surgeries because those things take the one man (or one woman) as produced by God and changes them. It undoes God's creation. God might have given this person a mental illness but he gave it to them in that body, not another one.

Gay people can be treated with dignity, can marry, etc. because they're not undoing what or how God made them. But they would oppose surrogacy for gay or lesbian couples while still being okay with adoption for those couples.

So, the way I read it, it's very consistent.

It's not an about face if you dig into the principles they're applying here. The line in the sand seems to be the difference between treating differences with dignity vs. embracing differences that run contrary to one man and woman for sex and procreation.

Surrogacy is a good example here. The problem with it from the perspective I just laid out is that it's no longer one man and one woman. It's the father, the mother, and the 3rd party who is carrying the child. 3 people to produce a child would be a no-no.

Gender affirming care and theory is similar. The church might say treat trans people with dignity, the same way you treat anyone with mental illness with dignity. But they can't support trans advancement theories and surgeries because those things take the one man (or one woman) as produced by God and changes them. It undoes God's creation. God might have given this person a mental illness but he gave it to them in that body, not another one.

Gay people can be treated with dignity, can marry, etc. because they're not undoing what or how God made them. But they would oppose surrogacy for gay or lesbian couples while still being okay with adoption for those couples.

So, the way I read it, it's very consistent.
Interesting. Thanks for the breakdown.

Back